Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 hour ago, macandally said:

The thing is, Unai doesn’t want to be second best does he?

Well no, but I think he prefers it to seventh best. Let’s see if the summer’s dealings get us close to the former not the latter!

• Like 1

Over 200 appearances for us in an eventful, but mostly positive, five years.

Good work Doug.

There won't be a middle ground at Juve IMO. He'll absolutely fly and be getting chased by Madrid and City, or he'll be looking to come back in 18 months.

Edited by Tomaszk

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Hope he smashes it. 

Not even a question, I think he’ll absolutely dominate Serie A and he’ll start every game for Brazil if he’s a Juve player.

• Like 1

Just now, Adam2003 said:

Not even a question, I think he’ll absolutely dominate Serie A and he’ll start every game for Brazil if he’s a Juve player.

It's a much much easier league. The problem he'll have is he's not a great self-motivator IMO.

He does slip into coasting does the Doug.

3 hours ago, striker said:

Gallagher every time. Brings much more to the table particularly in the Premiership.

It really struck a chord with me in his post match interview Emery implying that Villa couldn't handle the power of Palace.

If you look at who Villa have been linked to in this window since that last game of the season then the overall trait has been youthful athleticism! 

Furthermore, Villa received several hammerings being run ragged so that will also have not gone unnoticed.

Villa will be much better without Luiz as the linchpin of midfield and I'm so looking forward to that.

Especially youspacer.png

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Yep… and tbf, he’s gonna play for a very promising young manager (not in Unai’s class though) who was desperate to sign him. 

He’s gonna thrive… but don’t forget who made you Dougie. 

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Farewell Dougie, it was fun…

Those taps ins don't do him justice as a player.

His skill makes the incredibly technically awkward look as easy as the tap ins.

Would have loved him to stay, and I was very critical of him this season just gone.

The club have done the right thing moving him on if he wouldn't extend with two years of his contract left.

Was happy when we got him as seen him play for girona, easily been my favourite midfielder in these 5 years, wish him well at Juve, just hope we get someone as good, as a replacement for him now

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Still sad he's going. Loved Dougie these past 5 years. 

Hope he smashes it. 

👑 🥹

It is sad… but I’ve finally come to terms with it now. We have Unai 🙌, and Monchi is making moves… we’ll be fine.

A shame we are losing such a classy and integral player though… would’ve loved to see him shine in CL for us. Oh well… we move on.

Loved how invested in the club he was, and the passion he had for us. Such a technically gifted and composed player.

F PSR.

He’s got that record of consecutive goals at VP too.

spacer.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Farewell Dougie, it was fun…

wow, unreal, super.....an actual comp video with good music!!!!! 😜

• Like 1

Happy for Doug, hope he smashes it.

but I don’t know what the f to make of this 2 players coming our way deal. 

I’d rather not rely on hearsay and just speculate, no idea whether he actually refused a new deal, but I can’t begrudge him a move to a more appealing lifestyle and country, a new challenge and environment too. And he probably is settling down for the future…

Much better, and palatable, than him sticking around in PL and facing us regularly for another/rival team… wouldn’t mind meeting him in CL and giving Juve a good beating 😂

Enjoy Dougie, you did well for us 👏 

Edited by Jas10

Thanks for everything Dougie! Leaving on a high after securing champions league for us. By all rights he should have left during the Gerrard debacle, but he signed a new contract against the odds and was a big part of the upswing under Unai,  so I feel like we have had a good innings from him. He will be a monster in Italy where he will get an extra second on the ball at all times, which will suit his style. 

Â