Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Like this one?

Hah, yes. It’s like his twelfth tweet about it now. I don’t know why he damages his credibility by doing this. At least the likes of Ornstein will only tweet when a deal is close or done. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

The €30m hint just makes it feel better. And there were people happy to sell him for £40m instead of this deal. Looks like monchi has done an alright job on this. Hopefully the players we’re getting end up being great 

Barrenechea is probably valued less than McKennie so the deal works out the same overall.

43 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I wonder what the breakdown is?

Illing Jr - 25m, Barrenechea - 15m, Money - 30m = 70m

or

Illing Jr - 20m, Barrenechea - 10m, Money - 30m = 60m

or something?

Just now, PaulC said:

It all depends on what the two players we are getting in exchange bring to the squad whether it's a good deal or not.  Otherwise we are just giving them an £80 million pound player for next to nothing..

Do you doubt these men?

unai_emery_y_monchi_el_binomio_del_exito

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I wonder what the breakdown is?

Illing Jr - 25m, Barrenechea - 15m, Money - 30m = 70m

or

Illing Jr - 20m, Barrenechea - 10m, Money - 30m = 60m

or something?

I'm on board as with everyone in trying to find these crumbs of financial wizardy to make me feel better. 

Overall though still feel like this is a terrible deal. 

I know many of you on here will be as sad as me with how seriously we take what is in essence just a game. The other day I woke up at 3.25am and was so angry about this deal I couldn't sleep for the rest of the night. 

Felt like a proper loser!!

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

Illing valued at 25m would be outrageous considering he's started about 5 games at senior level and has 12 months left on his contract. But it's just numbers anyway so why not.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Can't help but feel like we're being fleeced here. Serious Milner/Ireland vibes :(

ryan reynolds hd GIF

This is clearly for PSR compliance, whilst also getting a couple of young players in to bolster the squad. 

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

Well I know I'll be standing and clapping when he returns to VP.

I would hope he gets a standing ovation. He could have walked for nothing when that prat was in charge of us. Instead he gave us some of the best moments of our best season in almost two decades, and effectively £60m in a transfer fee.

Like Jack you mean? 😆

• Like 1

Â