Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

8 minutes ago, Tubby said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the negotiations went a bit like this:

Juve: we want Doug

Villa: that will be £60m, thanks

Juve: how about a chubby American and some change?

Villa: no thanks

Juve: the chubby American and a Chelsea youth product?

Villa: youth product you say? Add Soule and you've got a deal?

Juve: quick, tell Di Marzio that Villa want McKennie, they won't back out then

Villa: we notice you've been promoting we want McKennie. Yes, Unai Emery can make wine from water, but he can't make caviar from a cheeseburger!

Juve: £20m, McKennie and Iling Jr...

Villa: come back to us when you are serious. Just so you know, Monchi here knows the names of your children... and those of their unborn children.

Juve: ok, ok! £30m, Iling Jr and there is this guy that has posters of Emi Martinez on his wall.

Villa: see, that was easy enough. And we'll be back in July for Soule.

Unlikely, but how I wish it was so.

1 hour ago, jigen said:

He was your key player. I would never have sold him. 

I suspect he wanted to leave - hence why he’s gotten Alisha to join him for the women’s team. No other clubs seemingly interested and Turin is closer to Switzerland and he will be a top name still in a great league. It’s less of a headache for us now as we can rebuild our squad a different way. 

• Like 2

Its a shame we have to sell as i love dougie but wish him all the best. He has given us good service and his attitude has been spot on.

He rarely got injured as well

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Its a shame we have to sell as i love dougie but wish him all the best. He has given us good service and his attitude has been spot on.

He rarely got injured as well

It’s a shame but I’ve finally come to terms with it and it sounds like he really wants the move (which disappoints me tbh, I thought he was properly invested here and with Unai)…

still feels like we’re being forced into it and underselling but oh well…

best to just get it done and dusted now. Big void to fill, we need to sign some proper class… 

none of the names so far inspire or fit the bill… we need a new or orchestrator or metronome, that can play and perform regularly (unlike Tielemans).

15 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Thank f*ck for that: Feel a lot better knowing it’s a definitive agreement. I hate indefinitive agreements. 

It's not saying there is a definitive agreement. It says a "definitive agreement is being sought".   So sorry, that means it is currently an indefinitive agreement!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

So if he comes back to Villa Park with Juve will he be booed like Jack was.............?

Probably not. Doug isn’t as loved as Jack was and fans don’t feel betrayed by doug going to Juve 

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Probably not. Doug isn’t as loved as Jack was and fans don’t feel betrayed by doug going to Juve 

Agreed, plus we didn't have the "my city, my team" tripe from Luiz. Think it was the i'm staying stuff and then going which riles people up the most about JG - bit like we had with Delph

19 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Thank f*ck for that: Feel a lot better knowing it’s a definitive agreement. I hate indefinitive agreements. 

I believe the war chest at Juve has been checked and they are putting the finishing touches on a bid in preparation of being it being launched

#FollyITK 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, cb_82 said:

So if he comes back to Villa Park with Juve will he be booed like Jack was.............?

Jack also dived against us so deserves the boos 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cb_82 said:

If Jack moved to Real Madrid or another team abroad nobody would have begrudged him.

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

Why would he be booed?
We needed to sell him

He wouldnt sign a new deal and he wants the move hence he is the one we are selling to fix the PSR issue

5 hours ago, cb_82 said:

I mean, I would, but that's more of a "I **** hate Juventus"-thing, so.

In terms of Doug himself; I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â