Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

6 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I’m gutted to be selling him and not too excited about McKennie but I’m surprised there isn’t more buzz about Iling Jr. I don’t watch Serie A but a bit of viewing the last 24 hours makes me feel he could be a smart signing (even if I still think they have our pants down slightly on the valuations)

Iling Junior has started 5 league games in his career that’s why there isn’t a buzz around signing him. Maybe he will develop into a good player but it seems unlikely he will immediately be an improvement to the team

• Like 1

Still not seen anything with quotes from any party saying this is a done deal.

Although over here they seem to think that it's "down to the details" point in negotiations. I'm still hoping he'll stay.

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Anyone on insta? Did Ian explain or further comment on this? Possibly suggests a sale we don’t want to make but has been enforced…

spacer.png

Comments from him, in December:

Sawiris unhappy with the financial rules/restrictions.

spacer.png

Why the fishing emojis?

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Still not seen anything with quotes from any party saying this is a done deal.

Although over here they seem to think that it's "down to the details" point in negotiations. I'm still hoping he'll stay.

Romano’s commented on it quite a bit recently, says terms have been agreed between Dougie and Juve.

Yeah, I don’t want it to happen either but I think we all just have to come to terms with it now. Hopefully we make some really exciting signings (and someone who can actually replace Dougie and what he does, rather than just add to the squad) later… first official day of the window now.

1 minute ago, sne said:
  • McKennie has Wassermann,
  • Luiz has Joorabichian (I think)
  • Illing-Jr No idea
  • Huijsen - Alex Santisteban
  • Soulé - Martin Guastadisegno

As far as I can find.

Man, what a complicated deal. Monchi must be like 

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe917s3llyvfi11r4d2qir

2 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Why the fishing emojis?

Doug loves fishing (no sarcasm).

1 minute ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Why the fishing emojis?

It’s his goal celebration, think this was posted when we qualified for CL or last game of the season. Never been anything to suggest Dougie isn’t happy at the club or would want a move… especially after achieving what we have now. Celebrated with Unai when Duran equalised against Liverpool… always praises the manager.

This doesn’t feel like a “choice” or something anyone at the club really wants… bloody PSR.

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Man, what a complicated deal. Monchi must be like 

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe917s3llyvfi11r4d2qir

Same on the Juve side as supposedly McKennie wants  severance pay from Juve. According to  Corriere dello Sport that is so might be false.

Interesting in that it seems that time is a big pressure on this deal - McKennie will know that if the deal is delayed by any sort of significant time, it'll reach a point where the reasons why Aston Villa are making the deal will no longer apply. That's going to put a massive amount of pressure on both Villa and Juve - to make this deal count for PSR for us and to get the player for Juve. McKennie's agent will know that if he waits a few weeks, there will be no deal - so, "give me a couple of million pounds or I'll do that".

Who is PSR supposed to benefit again?

We have a player that a club with money and no debt don't want to sell that they're being forced to sell to meet an arbitrary accounting deadline that allows an agent to take advantage and squeeze a couple of million pounds out of another club. Is that working the way it's supposed to?

• Like 4

Â