Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Dougie is not elite he is nowhere near consistent enough. If he wasn't Brazilian I doubt people would be crying into their cornflakes about him as much as they are.

I suspect the difficulty accepting this is more about the difficulty accepting that this is how Villa are going to approach things. Heck said it in his latest interview - Villa will have to do it their own way due to the way the rules have been developed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

He’s elite imo. He has that style of play that keeps getting better well into late 20s / early 30s, precisely because it doesn’t rely on pace.

I trust Emery to handle this, and ultimately the club needed to do something to stay within the rules, but any suggestion this is good for us on footballing terms is pure cope. He is a superb footballer who will be missed.

Yes he dropped off in recent weeks, but that was likely a mix of fatigue and his head being turned by a probable transfer.

Anyway, one of our best signings of recent years, and a pleasure to watch. Wish him well at Juve.

I think Kamara made him tick, hence the downturn in form with the BK injury. He's nowhere near a Bellingham , Scholes, Hoddle or Gascoigne, those players, in my opinion, were elite.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

Dougie is not elite he is nowhere near consistent enough. If he wasn't Brazilian I doubt people would be crying into their cornflakes about him as much as they are.

I suspect the difficulty accepting this is more about the difficulty accepting that this is how Villa are going to approach things. Heck said it in his latest interview - Villa will have to do it their own way due to the way the rules have been developed.

He's not bad by any stretch, but never elite.

• Shocked 1

I’m gutted to be selling him and not too excited about McKennie but I’m surprised there isn’t more buzz about Iling Jr. I don’t watch Serie A but a bit of viewing the last 24 hours makes me feel he could be a smart signing (even if I still think they have our pants down slightly on the valuations)

Douglas Luiz is light years ahead of McKennie, bad business and bad planning. 80m player going for 15 and two championship level players. AVFC not prepared I would say.

Hopefully deal is off.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MaVilla said:

if we are booking the full amount, and they do too (as in we book 70m, and they book 55m - so its straight transfers on paper, but swapsies in reality), i would guess we both "agreed" to inflate the prices on both sides to benefit us both with regard to PSR.

There is no doubt that 55m for the two Juve players with only one year left on their contract are inflated prices. Transfermarkt estimate their value at €41m.

On the other hand I really think Luiz is worth 70m, transfermarkt value him at €70m.

Maybe by the end of next season this could be considered the best deal Villa have ever done, but right now it looks some terrible business.

I think one of the things we will miss most about Luiz is his durability. 

He was an ever present last season and I think part of the reason he dropped towards the end of the season was due to the amount of minutes he had played.

Tielemans & Kamara just can't stay fit for long periods of time. 

• Like 1

Does seem to be true that City have a sell on clause. So Assume whatever profit we make on Luiz over his sale price they get 20%? Seems like a big % to have given away on Luiz. We were not in a strong negotiating position though. 

57 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Does seem to be true that City have a sell on clause. So Assume whatever profit we make on Luiz over his sale price they get 20%? Seems like a big % to have given away on Luiz. We were not in a strong negotiating position though. 

I was gonna say at the time we weren't in a strong negotiation position as a newly promoted club but I'm pretty sure Man City put in sell on clauses as standard in any sale of their young players anyway.  

• Like 1

As much as I'm disappointed about the sale, it'll be good to see him in the Italian league. The pace of the game will suit him, he's going to look amazing. Hopefully he'll be recognised as the quality player he is.

4 hours ago, vazquez said:

Douglas Luiz is light years ahead of McKennie, bad business and bad planning. 80m player going for 15 and two championship level players. AVFC not prepared I would say.

Hopefully deal is off.

Of course he is, that's a huge reason why his worth is approximately three times that of McKennies. McKennie is not the replacement for Luiz, why do people keep getting this confused?

They add depth in positions we don't (or won't) have any by the end of the window. And selling Luiz frees up funds to buy whatever position we feel we do need.

If the deal happens, it's because Emery and Monchi wanted it to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

I was curious to see if followed any Juve stuff and noticed that he stopped following him. Dibu still follows him. Dougie is still following Ty and the main Villa page. All odd tbh. 

Yes, I’m working very hard on a Friday morning. 

It’s an odd on to just randomly unfollow 1 player. Either they fell out and Doug took it more personal, but not personal enough to make emi unfollow him. Or, he never followed Emi back first place, for what ever reason 

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

It’s an odd on to just randomly unfollow 1 player. Either they fell out and Doug took it more personal, but not personal enough to make emi unfollow him. Or, he never followed Emi back first place, for what ever reason 

It was a glitch so I checked the usernames first - for some reason it wasn’t showing at first. Instagram is a strange platform. It was very odd so I thought something had happened but happy to see nothing did 

• Like 1

It's going to be a big loss. Though it seemed inevitable he would go at some stage and five years is a good shift nowadays. I just don't think the players plus cash is a great deal for us but feels like we have kind of been forced into it.

I mean if Braithwaite is worth 80 million and all that.....

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Question, are all the players involved in this Juve deal have different agents?

• McKennie has Wassermann,
  • Luiz has Joorabichian (I think)
  • Illing-Jr No idea
  • Huijsen - Alex Santisteban
  • Soulé - Martin Guastadisegno

As far as I can find.

• Like 1

Anyone on insta? Did Ian explain or further comment on this? Possibly suggests a sale we don’t want to make but has been enforced…

spacer.png

Comments from him, in December:

“He’s one of most important players in the team, he’s so influential. Teams will look at him because of the form he’s shown for a long period of time.

“It as a huge compliment that people talk about him. For me, the great thing is there is more to come from him.”

“He’s stated he’s happy at Villa and why wouldn’t he be? He’s playing a huge part in a winning side and you wouldn’t think a move would appeal to him at the moment,” 

Sawiris unhappy with the financial rules/restrictions.

spacer.png

Â