Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I actually still can't believe this deal.

That there's not someone willing to buy Luiz for 40-50m. That's surely better than getting these two+£18m.

Not really 

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Not really 

Yes really.

Well, it depends what you do with the money of course. There are a lot of good players out there.

Getting these two Juve lads is just...strange. No way would we be looking to buy either ever.

Edited by Tomaszk

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Yes really.

Shit or not, the asset value for both players alone. is worth more than the £40m you’re happy with. 

It keeps the point deduction away and saves us a hassle in getting squad players

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I actually still can't believe this deal.

That there's not someone willing to buy Luiz for £40-50m. That's surely better than getting these two+£18m.

Has been reports that Monchi wont sell to a Premier League rival and nobody really has that money in Europe

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Is he still here? We like getting them in quick, but getting them out, is a totally different proposition. 

Ngl, it’s moving real fast for a three way deal

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Ngl, it’s moving real fast for a three way deal

"Not gonna lie,", has something of the vernacular about it. I do like the sound of the young kid, as for the Sherman Tank, the jury is out on that one.

I've been one of Douglas' biggest fans since he joined us. Such a clever player, first season had moments of brilliance and helped keep us up with excellent performances in the holding role.

Then under Emery he got even better, he added tenacity to his game. However, I think he lost this tenacity a little last season and as much as I rate him, I do think he lacks a bit of physicality. He can't burst away from an opponent and I think it holds him back at times.

I reckon Emery feels we can upgrade in there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'd say we had two really good (maybe one of them great) central midfield partnerships last season.  Kamara and Doug helped us keep up title-chasing pace, then McGinn and Tielemans showed in the brief period they played together that they had a really good balance.  When the personnel were chopped and changed about I don't think the other combinations worked.  I think it was largely because only Kamara is a defensive midfielder and the other 3 are more offensive minded.  Doug was the one who got shifted and played virtually every minute and did his best.  McGinn and Tielemans were just different enough to each other yet blended well, albeit it was a small sample and Tielemans got injured when they may have had a run together.  If it was me I'd choose an Onana-type over a Gallagher if we can spend on a new first team midfielder, along with Barkley to cover Tielemans and McKennie to cover McGinn.

*sigh*

So the deal is reportedly £15mill cash and McKennie & Iling Jnr who they rate around £55mill so the deal is gunna be worth maybe. £70mill on paper and all that counts as profit for psr purposes 🤷🏻

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I've been one of Douglas' biggest fans since he joined us. Such a clever player, first season had moments of brilliance and helped keep us up with excellent performances in the holding role.

Then under Emery he got even better, he added tenacity to his game. However, I think he lost this tenacity a little last season and as much as I rate him, I do think he lacks a bit of physicality. He can't burst away from an opponent and I think it holds him back at times.

Well, we kinda have to, now. And that's gonna be very difficult.

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Juve fans think they’re getting done. 

Got any examples? Saw that mentioned but have only seen people saying Villa have the shitty end of the stick here.

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

He got Konsa, Mcginn and Bailey out of the Gerrard black hole. He can get mckennie out of the Leeds black hole too 

For sure.

I was very very critical of Luiz second half of the season. He resigned it in big time IMO. Still would prefer he stayed. We need a technical player in the middle and would only have Tielemans the tubster if this all went through.

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

So the deal is reportedly £15mill cash and McKennie & Iling Jnr who they rate around £55mill so the deal is gunna be worth maybe. £70mill on paper and all that counts as profit for psr purposes 🤷🏻

That makes me feel a lot better. Not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Got any examples? Saw that mentioned but have only seen people saying Villa have the shitty end of the stick here.

For sure.

I was very very critical of Luiz second half of the season. He resigned it in big time IMO. Still would prefer he stayed. We need a technical player in the middle and would only have Tielemans the tubster if this all went through.

examples on juve versions of Villareport on Twitter. 

So far… there’s more to the window than this. This is just PSR admin. Get the books in to the black and we can get back on to building the squad.  

Edited by CarryOnVilla

36 minutes ago, thabucks said:

if we are booking the full amount, and they do too (as in we book 70m, and they book 55m - so its straight transfers on paper, but swapsies in reality), i would guess we both "agreed" to inflate the prices on both sides to benefit us both with regard to PSR.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I've always had a question mark concerning his pace, or lack of. I wouldn't put him in the bracket of an elite midfielder. He's good, but, imo, not irreplaceable. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

That’s a fair critique but also praise of someone who is a great option for us. I do think sometimes he doesn’t imposes himself enough in matches and I can see why maybe Unai wants something different in midfield. He will make silly errors or get himself needlessly booked if he’s caught out. 

7 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I've always had a question mark concerning his pace, or lack of. I wouldn't put him in the bracket of an elite midfielder. He's good, but, imo, not irreplaceable. 

He’s elite imo. He has that style of play that keeps getting better well into late 20s / early 30s, precisely because it doesn’t rely on pace.

I trust Emery to handle this, and ultimately the club needed to do something to stay within the rules, but any suggestion this is good for us on footballing terms is pure cope. He is a superb footballer who will be missed.

Yes he dropped off in recent weeks, but that was likely a mix of fatigue and his head being turned by a probable transfer.

Anyway, one of our best signings of recent years, and a pleasure to watch. Wish him well at Juve.

• Like 3

Â