Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Just now, skarroki said:

My thought process was that I'd be thinking of the happy time he signed for us on the day he leaves, rather than that I'd got a picture on my bedside table of my ex with their new partner. 

Plus I think I sent a picture of this wolverine meme with Deano in the pic about 190 times in WhatsApp groups during the Gerrard "era", so it feels weird to use the template and not include the big man in the pic. 

Ah, fair enough.

It is still fine work 👏

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Don’t give a shit about Duran but devastated at losing Luiz? 😂

It's not supposed to line up perfectly with whatever happened during the scene this picture is from. Because I have no idea about that. 

It's just a picture of a man in a funny costume looking sad at a picture of footballers who are leaving his club. Because if there's one thing I do know, Wolverine is a raging Villa fan, that's why Tom Hanks has signed on to play him in the next batman film with George Clooney and with Tom Cruise as iron boy 

Just now, trillvillan said:

I’ll mourn with you @Jas10

Only making it worse with me watching this USMNT game vs Brazil and seeing McKennie out there doing cardio only and the difference in levels of quality😭

Don’t see how it’s a crime to appreciate, reflect on and be down about losing a player who’s been brilliant for us in the main, especially under Unai..

Doesn’t mean I don’t understand the reasons for it (which I don’t like but will have to accept if it goes through) but I doubt it would happen but for that… again, it feels enforced rather than something we really want to do… hopefully the truth and details come out later so we can stop speculating and making shit up. As for how much Unai wants the players coming the other way… 🤷‍♂️

Nowt wrong with subtly calling out anyone (not just those here) who has forgotten how good Dougie has been and got on his back for a short drop off in form despite the reasonings (largely overlooked by many)…  or suddenly calling him “not all that” or “overrated” after largely and for longer raving about him and calling him our best player…

and after so many calling Tielemans shit, now suddenly making out like he’s better and as though he could bring the same consistency, availability and regularity that Dougie has. He, McGinn, Watkins and Konsa are our mainstays… deserve some credit!

He’s been immense under/for Unai and is one of the main reasons why we have Champions League football to look forward to. What about the run of goals and wins at VP? 

It’s a shame but we will move on… to each their own…

Was nice to have such a classy and accomplished player… looking forward to adding some more but I can’t just ignore or forget about losing one this soon (not even been properly confirmed yet!)…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skarroki said:

It's not supposed to line up perfectly with whatever happened during the scene this picture is from. Because I have no idea about that. 

It's just a picture of a man in a funny costume looking sad at a picture of footballers who are leaving his club. Because if there's one thing I do know, Wolverine is a raging Villa fan, that's why Tom Hanks has signed on to play him in the next batman film with George Clooney and with Tom Cruise as iron boy 

😂 ok, ok… I shall say no more!

other than… 🤓 a top class meme has some relation to the original image or “scene” and even spoofs or makes fun of it. Ah… I should stop.

Sorry! 😆

3 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

How poetic. Dougie is currently man marking Mckennie in the USA/Brazil friendly. 

Two foot him so the deal breaks down 😂

Joke, relax guys 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Is it bad that I'm not really all that bothered that he's going? Feels nothing like when we lost Jack. To me at least. 

Luiz is a good player but not impossible to replace.

That's kinda my sentiments too, I am a bit sad we can't keep him but I've known we have to make a big sale this summer for us to invest more in the squad. I feel CM is an area where we can replace with quality. I feel what is most key for this club is having real depth and adding in a high pressing game. For that we need more players and different profiles. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

That's kinda my sentiments too, I am a bit sad we can't keep him but I've known we have to make a big sale this summer for us to invest more in the squad. I feel CM is an area where we can replace with quality. I feel what is most key for this club is having real depth and adding in a high pressing game. For that we need more players and different profiles. 

Agree with all of this.

11 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

OK then, that worked 😘

So applying this logic, why are so many of our fans turning their noses up at Weston McKennie, who played in 34 of Juventus' 38 games last season?

Think you got everyone there 🤣

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jas10 said:

At least Merse gets it… unlike so many of our fans… short term memories…

Spot on

Shows what Merson knows because he didn’t turn up for about 2 months! 😉 

He’s not underrated at all. He is highly rated which is why he is about to move to one of the biggest clubs in Europe. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Look his been great for us. Was fantastic first half of the season this year , but tampered off bad. Liability at times and to many mistakes and does go missing often when the heat is on.

Â