Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

@Jas10are you OK? He's leaving. We will be ok.

Until summer when it happens to another one.

We’ll be fine as long as we have King Unai…

But, I don’t like losing one of our best and most likeable players and contributors… especially when it seems to be more of a forced thing or necessity rather than a choice… 

Have an emotional attachment to the players that have given us their all and contributed to us massively… these are not easy gaps to fill or fix… part of being a supporter is that connection, appreciation and admiration for such players…

I like technically gifted players with no lack of skill and composure, the guys that make it look easy and stylish at the same time. Dougie is of that breed and there are not all that many around…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

At least Merse gets it… unlike so many of our fans… short term memories…

Spot on

Brand new sentence. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Spot on

There’s very few Villa fans who don’t think Luiz is quality. But there’s more than a few able to separate emotions from practical issues facing the club - and the need to address them,  

Edited by Awol
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Awol said:

There’s very few Villa fans who don’t think Luiz is quality. But there’s more than a few able to separate emotions from practical issues facing the club - and the need to address them.

I don’t want to call the histrionics performative,  

Wow 😂

1 minute ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Seen on another forum that he’s refused to sign a lucrative new contract put to him several months ago.

He wanted to go to Arsenal and was really disappointed when they low-balled an offer on the final day and our owners said no. 

He clearly has no problem moving to Juve and wants what’s best for himself. Fair play, he should do. If he’d signed the new deal then Luiz wouldn’t be leaving now, so that’s his choice. 

No point crying about it. 

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

He wanted to go to Arsenal and was really disappointed when they low-balled an offer on the final day and our owners said no. 

He clearly has no problem moving to Juve and wants what’s best for himself. Fair play, he should do. If he’d signed the new deal then Luiz wouldn’t be leaving now, so that’s his choice. 

No point crying about it. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9524fz48jkofucbcz4cd7

30 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Spot on

Except it isn't true. Consistency, especially without Kamara, was lacking.

Great servant to the club though - will be missed.

Now I know how the Villa Podcast boys feel 😂 (for those who listen 😉)

“FFS LET ME MOURN!” 😂😂😂

Can’t have an opinion or say without being jumped on or some taking it personally 😂

Edited by Jas10

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Now I know how the Villa Podcast boys feel 😂 (for those who listen 😉)

“FFS LET ME MOURN!” 😂😂😂

Can’t have an opinion or say without being jumped on or some taking it personally 😂

I'm mourning with you Jas, ignore the h8rs

Untitleddesign_20240613_001622_0000.thumb.jpg.80220a7e3a6128f747b67080557c994a.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I'm mourning with you Jas, ignore the h8rs

Untitleddesign_20240613_001622_0000.thumb.jpg.80220a7e3a6128f747b67080557c994a.jpg

I mean… would make more sense to have Thiago Motta (Cyclops) there, rather than Deano, since he’s the one taking Dougie (Jean) away from us (Wolverine)…

you know?

🤓 

Hey… Unai has made us forget about Deano so… maybe there’s someone out there we will sign who’ll make us forget about Dougie… 🤔 

Edited by Jas10

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I mean… would make more sense to have Thiago Motta (Cyclops) there, rather than Deano, since he’s the one taking Dougie (Jean) away from us (Wolverine)…

you know?

🤓 

Hey… Unai has made us forget about Deano so… maybe there’s someone out there we will sign who’ll make us forget about Dougie… 🤔 

My thought process was that I'd be thinking of the happy time he signed for us on the day he leaves, rather than that I'd got a picture on my bedside table of my ex with their new partner. 

Plus I think I sent a picture of this wolverine meme with Deano in the pic about 190 times in WhatsApp groups during the Gerrard "era", so it feels weird to use the template and not include the big man in the pic.

Edit, Unai has not made me forget about Deano, he's definitely given me an amazing period of supporting the club so far though that means I can look back on promotion and survival with fondness, knowing it leads to this, rather than all that time under him being a false dawn. 

Dougie helped us get here and it's on the current set up to find out how to replace him now. 

Edited by skarroki

Â