McKennie joining

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952gy9tddcaay86num8rk

Iling-Jnr joining

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9526pliyhxcb9pc8085vf

Duran leaving

Cash leaving

the ability to then buy some good players with this PSR getting sorted with the above business…

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9525jcuqqlqp0x038eqg2

Terrific Post.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I do wonder if he was called Doug Lewis and played like he did for the last quarter of the season if we would all be so gutted. 

Some won't admit... But I think you may actually have a point lol.

In fairness though, people are gauging the body of his work, not just the end of season.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Some won't admit... But I think you may actually have a point lol.

In fairness though, people are gauging the body of his work, not just the end of season.

Yeah, I totally get it. He's easily one of my fave players but if he has to go, at least I won't have to endure seeing him play against us (watch us get Juve in the CL now 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

I love Dougie and I'm absolutely gutted.

BUT

If he was THAT good, wouldn't he be going somewhere better than Juventus?

Maybe we refused to do business with the English teams who put us in this predicament in the first place?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I love Dougie and I'm absolutely gutted.

BUT

If he was THAT good, wouldn't he be going somewhere better than Juventus?

They won the league 9 times in a row between 2010-2020. Fallen off a bit, but they can challenge for titles. 

Oh and Juventus is a disgusting parasite of a club that has been found guilty of match-fixing and are full of gloryhunters from the other side of the country who never actually go and watch the team play live.

• Like 1

Juventus are a huge, famous club where some of the best names in football played. They are also massive cheats who got punished for it multiple times. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Actually, where is everyone on this this transfer? Particularly on the 3 components to this, Doug, PSR and the deal

im not overly fussed if Doug wants to leave. He’s served us well and I’m not one to stop him wanting a new challenge. 

the PSR issues, it’s annoying and frustrating that rules need to be broken to get in with the big boys. But the club agreed with them and probably voted for them initially. so it’s hard to fully complain, when many other clubs put up and comply 

the deal reeks bad to me. Until we get a better idea of the numbers I can’t confirm if we got an undervalued deal for Doug or an over valued deal of their players. But it seems like a mix of both, what’s worse.

as of the players coming in, McKennie really needs to impress to win me over, but I’ll give him a chance. Iling-Junior does seem like a great prospect, just a bit iffy to how we position and use him. 

Doug: sad he won't  be playing with us in CL, and we'll miss his qualities a lot, but he does have weaknesses too. Has given us some brilliant moments  and performances, but has also frustrated at times. Not irreplaceable,  but a big, big miss. 

PSR issues: Yes, annoyed that overspending on some has put us in a position where we have to sell a key player. But just have to accept it

Deal: If Doug is valued  at 60m, and we are having to sell for PSR by the deadline, we are losing out on maybe 20m value.  Not sure what difference in revenue a points deduction would make,  but if it meant the difference between European qualification or not, then the deduction could cost us 20m or so revenue. So it might not be as bad as it seems. We wouldn't  be taking Iling Junior or McKennie if they weren't on player lists I think. Might  not be terrible if it saves us a points  deduction and also allows is to strengthen in due course. Time will tell

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I do wonder if he was called Doug Lewis and played like he did for the last quarter of the season if we would all be so gutted. 

who's the commentator that always calls him Dooglash louweez

A real shame to see someone so likeable and talented who's played such a pivotal role in our re-establishment leave, but I'd sooner the likes of Luiz had to be sold over someone like Ramsey.

• Like 2

If we'd been told a year ago that we could have champions league but it would cost us Luiz, truth is we'd have taken it.

That's exactly what's happened. That's what I told myself after wiping my tears

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

OK then, that worked 😘

So applying this logic, why are so many of our fans turning their noses up at Weston McKennie, who played in 34 of Juventus' 38 games last season?

4D chess 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Juventus are a huge, famous club where some of the best names in football played. They are also massive cheats who got punished for it multiple times. 

Also, the last team to knock us out of the European cup

Wonder if the swap element of this deal is to help screw Man City out of as much of the rumoured 20% sell on as possible for PSR.

12 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

OK then, that worked 😘

So applying this logic, why are so many of our fans turning their noses up at Weston McKennie, who played in 34 of Juventus' 38 games last season?

Because said fans are creating the narrative in their own head that we don't want the players from Juve and somehow we are being forced to take them in part exchange for Luiz. 

1 minute ago, May-Z said:

Wonder if the swap element of this deal is to help screw Man City out of as much of the rumoured 20% sell on as possible for PSR.

Hmmm, might be a factor but I'm not sure they have a 20% sell on

• Like 1

Â