Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Just now, nick76 said:

Hard to give a real answer to be honest. It’s like asking for my thoughts after a bitter defeat which are unlikely to be rational. Love Dougie, gutted he’s going to be honest.

That’s why I tried to break it down. Makes it a bit more easier to find the the emotions when you look at all the components separately 

4 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

do we think Doug is a partial PSR sacrifice, because losing Duran and Cash also seems overkill, unless that was always planned.

Is the assumption that then in July we can make more signings as the accounts are closed and we can enact the plan we want to, within reason?

Our squad is pretty thin in terms of depth, even with injuries retuning

I think both Duran and cash was part of the plan. 

both don’t play well in Emery’s system. 

seems like Cash can’t and Duran won’t 

• Like 1

Just been discussing this with a lad at work, we both feel as good a player as Luiz is he's replaceable, think he fell of a bit of a cliff towards the end of the season especially once Kamara was out for the season. Whether that was games catching up on him or not I actually felt Tielemans stepped into his shoes and did a better job during his suspension also.

58 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" Former coach of Douglas Luiz at Vasco has confirmed that the Aston Villa midfielder has signed a 4 year deal with Juventus. More details pending.. "

Just lifted this from FB.. no idea if true.

Window doesn’t open to Friday .  Not sure how that’s possible 

30 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

When I get sad I'll try to only remember his home performance against Olympiakos

When I find my self in times of trouble, Doug at VP occurs to me.
Spraying passes out of play, **** me...
He played like he was in darkness, he let his man go running free.
He couldn't trap a bag of spuds, **** me.

**** me, **** me. **** me. **** me.
Who is this word removed who looks like Doug Luiz?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

PSR

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952gy9tddcaay86num8rk

Dougie leaving

McKennie joining

Iling-Jnr joining

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9526pliyhxcb9pc8085vf

Duran leaving

Cash leaving

the ability to then buy some good players with this PSR getting sorted with the above business…

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9525jcuqqlqp0x038eqg2

Isn’t that better 

• Like 1

Always going to have a soft spot for him. One of Smith's first signings when we came up and the Brazilian that has really grown with the club and turned into a wonderful player. He's been the perfect professional that never gets injured and never brings any nonsense baggage. I'm pretty pissed off by the whole thing to be perfectly honest, because if a player deserved to turn out in the CL for us it was Dougie. My favourite player the last few seasons so pretty gutted right now. What makes it worse is it seems he's going for absolute peanuts and in a deal that has vastly over inflated the price of those being swapped for. Absolute shit.     

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I love Dougie and I'm absolutely gutted.

BUT

If he was THAT good, wouldn't he be going somewhere better than Juventus?

The biggest and best supported club in Italian football? Seriously? There are probably only a handful of sides across the globe bigger than Juventus. It's not like he's downgrading. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Did you get tricked by the fake AVFCFaithful account too?

That guy's the worst, just randomly posts complete BS. I bet he's worse now in the engagement farming era of Twitter.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Hard to give a real answer to be honest. It’s like asking for my thoughts after a bitter defeat which are unlikely to be rational. Love Dougie, gutted he’s going to be honest.

This is how it feels right/for now…

hopefully there’s plenty of quality business to be done, window not even open and a long way to go but…

this hurts.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

BUT

Juventus are one of the biggest clubs in the world? I’m not sure why people seem to have forgotten that. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

BUT

The team Zidane , Nedved and Del Pierro used to play for? Scoffing at Juventus seen it all now

22 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

The biggest and best supported club in Italian football? Seriously? There are probably only a handful of sides across the globe bigger than Juventus. It's not like he's downgrading. 

In fairness, with this logic.

He should be going to Manchester United or something.

As their aren't many clubs " bigger " than them.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

BUT

If you wipe out the English clubs who we wouldn't want to sell to, I'd say only Real and Barca are bigger than the biggest Italian clubs and Bayern of an equal standing.  Barca are a joke and we probably wouldn't end up getting paid and Real have targeted attackers so far.

38 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

BUT

Unlike others I actually took a minute to understand what you mean by this.  They are not exactly the European powerhouse of old that's for sure.

Still a big name though I did half expect him to end up at one of the likely suspects.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â