Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Interesting timing for The Guardian to put that out today, weird...

Seen some chat from Delaney on X saying that if Jhon Durán can be sold soon then there is no need to sell Luiz.

Did you get tricked by the fake AVFCFaithful account too?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Seen some chat from Delaney on X saying that if Jhon Durán can be sold soon then there is no need to sell Luiz.

Perhaps not but I can't see the transfer not happening now. Feels too advanced.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Perhaps not but I can't see the transfer not happening now. Feels too advanced.

Smoke and mirrors I guess; the timing of the Guardian article is weird.

7 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

This one?

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Smoke and mirrors I guess; the timing of the Guardian article is weird.

I don't think there's much to read into. Timing of the article suggests that they needed to use that interview at some point and it'll get more interest from a 'will he, won't he' perspective. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I don't think there's much to read into. Timing of the article suggests that they needed to use that interview at some point and it'll get more interest from a 'will he, won't he' perspective. 

The interview was likely done long before this transfer story. It was most likely embargoed until today and they won’t change it regardless of news that emerges since 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Awol said:

Yes, not selling him within the league is a massive plus. He’d improve any of our competition. 

I’m not too sure about that. Considering FFP rules I’m sure Villa would have sold him if they had received an acceptable straight cash deal from any Premiership rival. We can therefore assume that no such bid has been made hence the player plus cash deal with Juve!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Duran deal goes through quickly - Dougie signs new deal - Everyone is happy.

Except Juve, but if they had pulled their finger out they might have got it done quicker.

It seems Dougie has rejected contract offer on the table. Neil from for the love of Paul McGrath said it on his old yesterday. No idea if it's true but if Dougie isn't singing a new deal we need to sell him this window 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, striker said:

I’m not too sure about that. Considering FFP rules I’m sure Villa would have sold him if they had received an acceptable straight cash deal from any Premiership rival. We can therefore assume that no such bid has been made hence the player plus cash deal with Juve!

EF047DEC-65A4-4CE2-922D-835E0E1BFBF7.gif

56 minutes ago, striker said:

I don't think this is a case of these players being forced on us by Juve. This is something people seem to be getting very wrong here.

We have long standing previous interest in Weston McKennie. While a multitude of PL clubs are interested in Iling Junior and we need a younger attacking LB/LWB/Winger to allow us to move Digne on.

Acuna last summer was a versatile left sided player who was due to join us and Digne going to Nice but that broke down. 

The players we are buying from Juve are players we want to sign. People are very very wrong in framing this as we are being forced to accept players we don't want out of some kind of desperation. 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 3

I've always loved Dougie and knew he'd turn into a huge part of our team, even when we were going through a sticky patch under Gerrard. 

I'll be gutted to see him go and don't know  much about the two guys reportedly coming the other way, but have a feeling we will look back on it as a shrewd piece of business in the future. 

That said, it is a concern going into the beginning of next season with no Luiz and no Kamara (fit)

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

It seems Dougie has rejected contract offer on the table. Neil from for the love of Paul McGrath said it on his old yesterday. No idea if it's true but if Dougie isn't singing a new deal we need to sell him this window 

Or next summer seeing as he still has 2 years to run.

3 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Or next summer seeing as he still has 2 years to run.

But his value would also decrease so it makes more sense from a financial pov to sell now. 

Â