Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

I think we are still allowed to sign other players, rather than assume this is meant to be a like-for-like replacement. 

That would be too reasonable a train of thought though.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That would be too reasonable a train of thought though.

Fair bit of wilfully ignoring the bigger picture going on at the moment. It’s like an auditioning session for RADA. 

• Haha 2

They may turn out to be very useful players for our exciting new schedule, but, at the moment I think it’s a disappointing start to the window (if it even happens!). I honestly expected us to keep our main core of players, sell those on the fringes, and then add to the squad where we can.

Edited by Tayls

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

McKennie has played 24 times in the Champions League to Dougie's 0.

Juve wanted him to stay but he's turned down contract offers so they are forced to sell him.

Emery tried to sign McKennie for us in Jan 2023 but was too late as he was too close to Leeds deal. 

So stop with the childish whining nonsense. 

We are Fans of a team, why is that concept so alien?

10 minutes ago, Tayls said:

They may turn out to be very useful players for our exciting new schedule, but, at the moment I think it’s a disappointing start to the window (if it even happens!). I honestly expected us to keep our main core of players, sell those on the fringes, and then add to the squad where we can.

My guess is we're completely struggling to sell our fringe players for any kind of meaningful sums, hence having to sell a major star instead.

Duran really is the only fringe player we could sell for a profit, and no way it's big enough to help meaningfully with PSR.

The likes of Chambers, Dendoncker, Coutinho we just cannot seem to shift for any kind of decent sum due to their wages.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

My guess is we're completely struggling to sell our fringe players for any kind of meaningful sums, hence having to sell a major star instead.

Duran really is the only fringe player we could sell for a profit, and no way it's big enough to help meaningfully with PSR.

The likes of Chambers, Dendoncker, Coutinho we just cannot seem to shift for any kind of decent sum due to their wages.

With the wages we pay Chambers Donk and Coutinho it's hardly a shock. It's all our own fault though.

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

With the wages we pay Chambers Donk and Coutinho it's hardly a shock. It's all our own fault though.

I don't disagree. Well, Purslow's fault for hiring Gerrard mostly.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I couldn't give a flying f*** what you post on twatter tbh or your gambling addiction, your post was utter shit just like the one above. Gambling guru 😂 😂

It’s this type of reaction that is the reason I don’t post on here. Been following it for so many years. The overreactions are absolutely ridiculous to anything that happens. People can’t even post their opinion without just getting abuse. Oh you must be an Arsenal fan because you have a different opinion and one I don’t like. No one was saying he isn’t a good player. Just very overrated imo. The pedestal people on here put him on is ridiculous. Just because he achieved something for us doesn’t preclude from being better elsewhere. I  only mentioned the Twitter thing as it would show that I am a Villa fan. Lol re the gambling stuff. Utterly clueless. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, est1874 said:

These sales may happen later in the summer 

49 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

From Doug to Wasteman McKennie.

Talk about taking the shine off UCL qualification.

Hopefully not we have to look at the bigger picture..By the end of the transfer window things may look more encouraging. 

50 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Luiz was never someone staying with us for a decade. We've had 4 years of him being a cracking player in the main for us and now he's moving on. The current set up.forcing fans to play accountant is risible but c'est la vie. I would be more gutted if we were going to sell Ramsay Ollie or Martinez, best of luck to him. And on we go. We are in the zenith of 1st World problems complaining about selling him here. We'll be fine.

Sensible points 

30 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

How much is commonsense going for in the transfer market, clearly above and beyond the price range of this thread 😅

Honestly, I've spent a few mins reading some of the threads at the top of the page and it's like we are the team that just got relegated to League 1 under clown owners. 

Players come and go, they always do. But we have brilliant owners, a brilliant manager, Champions League football to enjoy. 

It's going to be a long summer for all those losing their shit over this and any other player leaving the club. I trust Emery, I trust our board and I can't wait until the new season kicks off. 

• Like 3

Â