Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

11 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think now's the right time to sell him, his value is at his peak for us. Plus the money brought in and the PSR headroom allows us to invest in the squad this window. We have this summer where we are a very attractive club to join, Champions League football and a revered manager at his peak reputation too. It's an opportunity. 

Always look at Liverpool and Coutinho sale and VVD and Alisson who came in. 

Though it probably is a good time to be selling him, it's nothing like the Coutinho sale, Liverpool received about double Coutinho's actual value at the time, we are probably getting less than Dougie's all told. We'll have money to spend yes, but we aren't suddenly in the market for £70-80m players as Liverpool were. I'm not saying it's a terrible deal, just the situation is much different, Liverpool were handed a golden opportunity and took it, we aren't getting that same opportunity from this deal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

If McKennie is part of the answer, what the **** is the question?

How do we meet our PSR requirements, whilst also strengthening the depth of our team and giving Emery opportunity to sign 2 quality additions as well, whilst weakening us as little as possible. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Though it probably is a good time to be selling him, it's nothing like the Coutinho sale, Liverpool received about double Coutinho's actual value at the time, we are probably getting less than Dougie's all told. We'll have money to spend yes, but we aren't suddenly in the market for £70-80m players as Liverpool were.

We could be. I doubt it, but we could be. 

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

What a shit post. You an Arsenal fan. 10 goals 10 assists more than anyone else in our midfield and yet he's not suited to the team or the league. GTFOH. 

What because someone has a different opinion to you. You can go and read all my Villa opinions on Twitter. Football in general. Betting. Where people actually back up their opinions with real hard money. Then come back to me and ask if I am a Villa fan. 

45 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think now's the right time to sell him, his value is at his peak for us. Plus the money brought in and the PSR headroom allows us to invest in the squad this window. We have this summer where we are a very attractive club to join, Champions League football and a revered manager at his peak reputation too. It's an opportunity. 

Always look at Liverpool and Coutinho sale and VVD and Alisson who came in. 

His value might be at his peak, but the reported terms are nowhere near his peak value. McKennie is reportedly valued around €20m, Iling around €15m so plus €20m its around £46-47m... for a player worth at least £60m and probably much more if we weren't forced sellers. 

For comparison Liverpool sold Coutinho for £140m including add ons, still the 3rd most expensive transfer of all time... Barca panicked and paid twice his value because they lost Neymar against their will and were expecting Xavi and Iniesta to retire soon, it was an absurd and an a deal impossible to reject for Liverpool. £45m for Luiz is also an absurd fee but unfortunately for the opposite reasons, the comparison unfortunately is just not there.

Edited by david-avfc

If we have to lose one of our better players ever 3 years to develop then so be it. Grealish's transfer pretty much funded most of our spending over that time and we were able to improve the squad significantly. Luiz's sale would be no different.

The net gain of the transfer is greater than the loss of one player. I might be a bit controversial here but, given the squad injuries, if we had Barkley, McKennie and Iling, instead of Dougie, we probably would have had a better chance of winning the Conference League. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

How can they afford both? By shifting their unwanted players onto us and paying the lowest possible fee? 🙄

Oh but I’m being told Juve are giving us a great player and that Luiz isn’t worth it.

If Juve get both Luiz & Koopmeiners - they’ve improved tremendously. Where we get the likes of a McKennie in return and our levels drop drastically in comparison. 

1 minute ago, trillvillan said:

Oh but I’m being told Juve are giving us a great player and that Luiz isn’t worth it.

If Juve get both Luiz & Koopmeiners - they’ve improved tremendously. Where we get the likes of a McKennie in return and our levels drop drastically in comparison. 

Only until we sign our actual targets later in the window.

38 minutes ago, Spoony said:

All this if Emery is happy I’m happy Emery can get the best out of whoever blah blah is just coping mechanisms. This is a shit deal necessary because of shit rules. No one, except Juventus and possible Dougie, wants it. It’s awful

Sky 6 are happy to have rules that generally benefit them

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Utter drivel @striker

The one big positive about him leaving is we won’t see your nonsense about Luiz in On Topic anymore.

If he does leave then that should say all you need to know.

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Utter drivel @striker

The one big positive about him leaving is we won’t see your nonsense about Luiz in On Topic anymore.

If he does leave then that should say all you need to know.

Â