Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Will fondly remember his time with us, all stemming from that random twitter post of a friend of Dean Smith's son who was studying in the US all those years ago.

• Thanks 1

Would be good to put in a buy back option,  then we can buy him back and spread payment over 5 years and then have killed a few birds with one stone 😛

Edited by lainux

I hate this deal. Swaps are always bullshit. Think Carew is the one exception to that. We’ve been had - why can’t we just take cash??

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I hate this deal. Swaps are always bullshit. Think Carew is the one exception to that. We’ve been had - why can’t we just take cash??

Because they don't have that amount, and noone else is offering - but we need to do something apparently.

27 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I'd be much less pissed off about this if we can get Gallagher. 

Almost becomes an imperative that we sign someone like Gallagher because mckennie is not a Dougie replacement. 

Thanks for the memories Luiz.  

Very sad to see him go.  I also thought he was easily worth £70-90m, so a bit surprised at £17m plus two players who I don’t think are worth £60m between them. 

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

There is not a chance that either club will have taken this as a swap deal in terms of accounts.  PSR/FFP is too big a thing.

If it happens, it will be a swap in the pure sense rather than an accounting one.  i.e:  (say) We sell Luiz for £60m, then buy McKennie for £30m and Iling Jr for £10m.  The "deal" is a swap + £20m, but the books will show the immediate boost in income.  It's the only way that makes sense for both clubs.

On Luiz, he's a very good player and seems to be a really likeable person - but I think he's... the most 'replaceable' excellent player we have.  I hope he does really well at Juve should it happen.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cb_82 said:

6. Luiz wants to leave and hasnt signed the contract thats been on the table for months now

Where is this please?

He has to go if this is the case. Not actually seen a report though.

Â