Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Just now, cb_82 said:

6. Luiz wants to leave and hasnt signed the contract thats been on the table for months now

I can’t see why people are ignoring this possibility

• Like 1

Just now, AshVilla said:

So our only hope now is if McKennie wants to stay at Juve and can't agree personal terms.

Can't believe this is actually happening.

I fully appreciate you're more than entitled to express your opinion and that's fine. Though, I seem to recall you also being very against the Youri Tielemans signing which turned out pretty good in the end. Just got to trust that Unai and Monchi know what they are doing 👍

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

So our only hope now is if McKennie wants to stay at Juve and can't agree personal terms.

Can't believe this is actually happening.

I’m sure Monchi and his team have crunched the numbers and stats to make an informed choice on this 

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Hopefully that's all FFP worries quelled for this year at least

The other angle is that it also helps next year and the year after as well (much like the jack sale).

Although we can only recognise the revenue this year, the profit is reflected in both of the next two years calcs also.

In the example provided before where he's sold for 60, and the other two chaos are bought for 20 each on 5 year contracts....

We get roughly a £52m profit for this season's FFP return. 

Next year, we add 8m of costs to our baseline, but still get the benefit of the 52m profit. So a net of 44m in our year 2 returns on this transaction.  Then a net profit of 36m in our year 3 returns. Its only in the 4th and 5th years of their contracts where we lose the profit from the first year, and then have their costs hurting out FFP position, with net losses of 8m in year 4, and 16m in year 5.

Obviously, by that point, so much has happened but hopefully paints a picture of how helpful a semi regular big sale is to our FFP position.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

Just have to be philosophical about it that we (presumably) will now have the financial side of things settled to strengthen further, we’ll have two solid options for a match day squad and there does seem to be a sense that something hasn’t been quite right with Doug for a while and maybe he just feels it’s time to move on.

It’s a shame he won’t play in the champions league with us having helped us move from relegation candidates to now, it feels a bit like it would have been fitting. But that’s more of a romanticised view of it. We still have a number of players who provide that link to back then (McGinn, Konsa, Mings).

Only fond memories of Doug. He’s been an excellent signing.

• Like 4

Â