Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Looks like he will go. But I'm struggling to believe this swap deal/part exchange thing. They rarely happen and rarely work out.

And surely he can do better than Juventus. Arsenal will surely just step in at some stage.

Has been stories leaked that we wont be selling players to Premier League rivals

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

The worry for me is if we lose Luiz and he’s replaced with barkley and Mckennie our midfield has declined significantly, and we’re not really replacing Luiz. Kamara will miss a few months of the season too and will take time to get back up to speed. It’s just not what you want to have going into our first champions league season. 

Gallagher would fix this. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

we’re not really replacing Luiz

Give it time. This deal allows us to go do more significant business.

Just a weird ending considering the level of performances and the esteem he all held him to up until a few months ago.

Then his performances had an alarming drop off towards the backend (tiredness or head turned?) and this swap deal, which even with some optimistic stretching of Mckennie and Illing's values just feels like a cut price sale. Its just a massive departure from March when no-one could countenance him leaving for less than 70/80 mill.

9 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

The worry for me is if we lose Luiz and he’s replaced with barkley and Mckennie our midfield has declined significantly, and we’re not really replacing Luiz. Kamara will miss a few months of the season too and will take time to get back up to speed. It’s just not what you want to have going into our first champions league season. 

They aren't replacements, they're supplements to the squad and enhancing our depth. Dougie replacement will be signed after the Euros

• Like 3

I’m ignoring all the noise about Doug, I won’t believe the rumours until it’s confirmed on Small Heath Alliance as they’re up to speed with all things AVFC.

• Haha 1

Don’t give in to their bullshit Monchi… derisory offer… just the thought of getting such a raw deal is disgusting… shifting one of our best players for their scraps.

20m Euros (and still wanting to reduce the fee) and two mediocre players on expiring deals is nowhere near good enough… Dougie is worth a lot more.

Should demand a better player like Soule, Chiesa, Locatelli…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Be gutted to see him go but will leave a hero from our great escape to Champions League. Juventus is still a bigger pull if honest plus if he is still with his girlfriend its close to the Swiss border

We are paying long term as most predicted financially for a disastrous transfer window of January 2022

• Like 3

Whether it's Juventus or another club in the end (although rather not a league competitor) the background feels fascinating. Has he been told in advance that he is to be sold or has he pushed for a move. Can't imagine he is desperate to leave although it could be contract demands. No basis for it but just seems the management team are calm and 'prepared' rather than any bids coming as a surprise.

#Calciomercato | @juventusfc , Douglas Luiz ever closer. Operation with the @AVFCOfficial set on an adjustment between 18 and 20 million euros cash + the cards of McKennie and Iling Jr. Still a few days to finalize, but the deal is increasingly closing @SkySport

42 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

We signed Luiz' replacement last summer. Tielemans

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

The two Juve players aren't nearly as handsome as Douglas. 

😩

Finally, someone getting to the most important point!!

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The two Juve players aren't nearly as handsome as Douglas. 

😩

Was thinking the same. We keep this up and our whole squad will go from fitties to absolute butter spreaders in no time. 

Shame on you monchi

• Haha 1

I think what hurts the most is when we will actually ever get another Brazilian that absolutely **** loves it here in the Brum, ney, not even Brazilian but any player from outside UK.. Shame to lose him for external reasons..

Â