Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Just now, AshVilla said:

2 Juve rejects and 20m.

I hope this is a joke?

Only paper talk for now of course.

Monchi under the microscope at the moment.

30 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Juve fans in the comments ecstatic with that potential outcome

That last one I assume the translation is off but that must be the Gino D'acampo way of saying "I'd drive them there myself"

Exactly how I feel, McKennie isn't good enough for us, his passing is absolutely wowful. Illing Jr is a complete unknown the lad has played like 1500 mins of senior football ever, always a sub for 10 mins or whatever and we don't need someone to play on the left at all. Even if you said those two are worth 40m and we get 20m that is a low value for Luiz. That deal is wank

• Like 1

McKennie is terrible.

This Illing Junior i've never heard of he played 4 times last season.

Such a derisory offer.

Monchi needs to respond and ask for Chiesa plus 20m.

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

McKennie is terrible.

This Illing Junior i've never heard of he played 4 times last season.

Such a derisory offer.

Monchi needs to respond and ask for Chiesa plus 20m.

They have a handful of players that are worth anything to us, the only one I would be truly interested in is Locatelli. 
Chiesa is always injured and we don't need a left winger
Vlahovic isn't signing whilst we have Watkins
Rabiot whilst good comes with a lot of baggage (apparently) and is 29
Bremmer alright he is a good centre back for sure but we would need to sell one of our 4 or it is pointless.

I seriously don't see the point of dealing with them for Luiz

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I have a feeling that whatever the eventual outcome is, will be alot more inspiring than the reports in the end.

I trust our.people

it had better be

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I have a feeling that whatever the eventual outcome is, will be alot more inspiring than the reports in the end.

I trust our.people

Trust has to be earned… Unai has done that in spades and it’s obvious he values Dougie highly.

Wait and see on Monchi…

30 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Trust has to be earned… Unai has done that in spades and it’s obvious he values Dougie highly.

Wait and see on Monchi…

You don’t think Monchi’s already made enough signings to earn him a little trust?

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

They have a handful of players that are worth anything to us, the only one I would be truly interested in is Locatelli. 
Chiesa is always injured and we don't need a left winger
Vlahovic isn't signing whilst we have Watkins
Rabiot whilst good comes with a lot of baggage (apparently) and is 29
Bremmer alright he is a good centre back for sure but we would need to sell one of our 4 or it is pointless.

I seriously don't see the point of dealing with them for Luiz

I’ll take Dean Huijsen off their hands but they also have to send 50m for Luiz too…

We shouldn’t deal for any of their players apart from Huijsen. 

Edited by trillvillan

20 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

You don’t think Monchi’s already made enough signings to earn him a little trust?

I have faith in Monchi but am unclear as to which signings he’s been responsible for so far… his history and working relationship with Unai is a big deal though.

I would think that Pau was Unai’s man and personal choice, seems quite obvious. Unsure on Diaby. Zaniolo and Lenglet were, for sure, heavily influenced by Monchi (previous relationships) and did ok as far as loans were concerned… Unai wanted Rogers and Monchi & Vidagany got that sorted for him.

Atm, I’m just reacting to what is, essentially, speculation and if it were true or materialised… I don’t like the sound of the deal so far and don’t want those players.

I don’t like this and it would affect my thinking on Monchi tbh… but I’m not casting aspersions on him at this point… it’s also a long window so we have to be careful not too judge too harshly, too soon…

But I have an admiration and attachment to some of our better players and… unless we get really appealing offers/deals, it’s going to affect me negatively in the short term or initially… I don’t believe they’re easy to replace and for new players or replacements to hit the ground running either… I feel that we must not lose our spine or core if we want to keep the momentum going…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Let's not forget that the idea of selling DL9 would've been a nonstarter in every sense of the word if not for these ridiculous PSR rules which only exist to provide a veneer of cracking down on overspending but which in reality only serves to protect the clubs who ruined the game by overspending to begin with. We're all gonna be disappointed with whatever the outcome is here, because Juve have us over a barrel and they know it. I would use this as an opportunity to bitch and moan about how this ruins the impact of qualifying for CL but let's be honest, it's quite the opposite. Imagine how in the shit we'd be if we finished 7th or 8th and didn't have the certainty of getting the boon of CL revenue. It'd be a **** firesale. Let's be happy we can sell this one guy, and actually have some maneuverability as a result.

Glass half full and all that. I'm still pissed af, I slagged Dougie a lot at the end of the year albeit acknowledging his tiredness, but being forced into a sale is totally different than being able to hold out for £60-80m and having all the cards in the situation. That's if any of this is really true to begin with but it's starting to feel like the Grealish saga. Too much smoke

58 minutes ago, Caddy said:

Let's not forget that the idea of selling DL9 would've been a nonstarter in every sense of the word if not for these ridiculous PSR rules which only exist to provide a veneer of cracking down on overspending but which in reality only serves to protect the clubs who ruined the game by overspending to begin with. We're all gonna be disappointed with whatever the outcome is here, because Juve have us over a barrel and they know it. I would use this as an opportunity to bitch and moan about how this ruins the impact of qualifying for CL but let's be honest, it's quite the opposite. Imagine how in the shit we'd be if we finished 7th or 8th and didn't have the certainty of getting the boon of CL revenue. It'd be a **** firesale. Let's be happy we can sell this one guy, and actually have some maneuverability as a result.

Glass half full and all that. I'm still pissed af, I slagged Dougie a lot at the end of the year albeit acknowledging his tiredness, but being forced into a sale is totally different than being able to hold out for £60-80m and having all the cards in the situation. That's if any of this is really true to begin with but it's starting to feel like the Grealish saga. Too much smoke

DL9??? 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Romano rarley posts things that are unlikely. It's his whole business.

He hasn't posted anything other than we might have to sell, Arsenal may bid for him but haven't and that any deal with juve would be a swap deal as they havent got a pot to piss in, how  that would help our rumoured financial issues is a mystery and that's apparently the reason for selling. Add to that we would be hovering up juve dead wood.

It all sounds like absolute bollox

Edited by tinker

23 minutes ago, tinker said:

He hasn't posted anything other than we might have to sell, Arsenal may bid for him but haven't and that any deal with juve would be swap deal.

Sounds like a great deal.... (sarcasm alert!) Doug going to Juventus and two sh*te players from Juventus coming to us. That was the sort of deal of the Villa of old under Deadly Doug, I had hoped we were better than this now.

Hopefully this rumour is rubbish, unless we are that desperate to offload Dougie to meet some financial rule...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tinker said:

He hasn't posted anything other than we might have to sell, Arsenal may bid for him but haven't and that any deal with juve would be a swap deal as they havent got a pot to piss in, how  that would help our rumoured financial issues is a mystery and that's apparently the reason for selling. Add to that we would be hovering up juve dead wood.

It all sounds like absolute bollox

it's not a mystery, we've covered it a bunch of times. It goes through as two transactions. One sale at full price and one purchase. The purchase is split over 5 years where as the sale is registered immediately. So there's still huge profit in a swap in this year's accounts

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

it's not a mystery, we've covered it a bunch of times. It goes through as two transactions. One sale at full price and one purchase. The purchase is split over 5 years where as the sale is registered immediately. So there's still huge profit in a swap in this year's accounts

In fact selling to Juve and buying 2 of their players we want is probably going to maximise the sale price of Luiz in our accounts. £70m sale price, then we spend £20m and £30m on the two players. 

For our accounts that's +67m (Luiz has about 3m book value left) in 23/24 accounts as profit. That stays in PSR calculations until the rules change to squad cost. Then the new signings on 5 year deals cost 4m and 6m per year. So 10m in amortisation cost. 

It means we are now free to do the rest of our summer business without much worry about PSR. Just move players on and sign players. It would give room for a big signing like Gallagher also.

• Like 1

Â