Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

If true, would that 20 million allow us to then go out and get, say a 40 - 50 million player accounting wise?

Wed then have time to shift other fringe players and do more business?

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If true, would that 20 million allow us to then go out and get, say a 40 - 50 million player accounting wise?

If only any of us know mate☹️ all this is putting quite a dampener on what should  be a very exciting time(not saying it’ still isn’t) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I THINK it would have a very positive impact/solve our PSR issue and then enable us to enter July and spend some money. But perhaps @CVByrne or @Czarnikjak could confirm?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

If only any of us know mate☹️ all this is putting quite a dampener on what should  be a very exciting time(not saying it’ still isn’t) 

Not sure how it's a dampener, it's just how the business of the game works.

If the price of him going is two other players we'd want plus some or all of the money to go get Gallagher I'd be fine with it. I don't want us to be taking players we don't really want but if Emery is actually interested in using McKennie or Illing Junior then he's earned the right to our trust. 

I’m not ‘happy’ that we’re looking at losing a very good player in Douglas Luiz, but this is the way that the game is now, or at least for those of us that don’t sit at the top table of world football.

I just hope this isn’t going to become an annual thing, I can understand us having to sell a player off when we don’t qualify for Europe, but if Champions League qualification can’t even keep the wolves at bay then it almost leaves you thinking “why bother?”

From what I gather with this deal and the accounting system. If we did this deal, we'd get the 2 Juve player, we'd be able to buy a player.like Gallagher and then still have more money than we started with. 

Seems a sensible way to strengthen especially depth wise

4 minutes ago, zak said:

From what I gather with this deal and the accounting system. If we did this deal, we'd get the 2 Juve player, we'd be able to buy a player.like Gallagher and then still have more money than we started with. 

Seems a sensible way to strengthen especially depth wise

Plus all three players could be valued high in the deal giving both clubs instant cash boost 

4 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Plus all three players could be valued high in the deal giving both clubs instant cash boost 

Agreed, but this pushes the problem down the line because you will have higher amortisation in the following years. Ok if you can grow your revenues to compensate but I am sure nswe will be all over this.

57 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Juve fans in the comments ecstatic with that potential outcome

Strongest midfielder in Serie A for a hamburger and a young man who is expiring, we got an extortionist not a sporting director.

to be done immediately, sorry to make iling and wes leave though

Holy shit, ACCEPT ASSHOLES

ACCEPT

Two bins that we remove in one fell swoop and 20m for one of the counterfielders with the best prospect? Giuntolone run to London with a bike

That last one I assume the translation is off but that must be the Gino D'acampo way of saying "I'd drive them there myself"

Let them fall for it
Let them fall for it
Let them fall for it
Let them fall for it
Let them fall for it

Edited by HalfTimePost

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

What were you like when Grealish left?

Doug's been an excellent player but the void left won't be as huge and we came out of that one o.k (eventually).

And in true VT fashion half the forum was slagging Luiz off for the last 8 games. 🤦‍♂️ One of those you won't miss him until he's gone.

It’s not a comparable situation for me… despite the efforts of some to try. 

We struggled until Unai arrived so I’m not buying the story that some are spreading on that. There was a drop off and a void we struggled to fill until a proper, top class or elite coach and manager came in and made us a proper team with a defined style and identity - we didn’t have that beforehand and I’ve never witnessed us play this kind of football (was a dream) before… he’s done it with lesser and weaker teams too. He’s a rare breed…

We are in a different place, at a different level… this is a different Villa and it’s all thanks to the fantastic manager we have.

The thing for me is that Dougie is the main man, it’s clear to see, and I’ve never slated him (backed and supported him, emphasised the points on how much he has had to play and how he/we miss Kamara etc. their one of the best midfield partnerships with possibly the most potential in the league, imo at least).

I appreciate his qualities and it’s obvious that he is a key player for Unai and someone he kind of relies on to get us ticking or playing effectively. The guy has been our main orchestrator or playmaker and performed so well for him, he’s a massive part of why we got ECL and now CL. We have relied on his creativity (still had to call on him when he was supposed to be rested) and his run of goals & performances at VP was immense… such a calm, composed player with superb technical ability and prowess… passes that ball with ease.

Despite all that… I realise we may have to sell to raise funds or avoid some form of punishment against the rules… I’m not sure quite what to believe but the noises are growing louder. Wonder if it’s exaggerated…

My problem and concern is more about whether we undersell or undervalue him and I don’t want us forced into a situation where we have to take on Juve’s excess or squad players just to get a deal done before the supposed “deadline”, end of this month. If he’s available, I would have thought there would be a fair bit of competition or even a bidding war.

Just the thought of him leaving for less than he’s worth and us being bundled with players way below his level is concerning… but all we can do is wait and see. I realise we will have other targets and they will take time, maybe someone like Soler is considered a replacement, but there is that emotional attachment and admiration of the players that have taken us all this way… and Dougie has been one of the biggest contributors. It’s not easy or straightforward to replace a key element like that…

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Daylight robbery from Juve if that's the deal.

A punt winger. Could be decent, could never reach 20 games for us.

A party boy fat midfielder who has flopped in the PL before.

We should be getting £50m+those two.

I hope we don't get **** over here.

2 Juve rejects and 20m.

I hope this is a joke?

• Like 2

Â