Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

19 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think the sources now are somewhat legitimate that it will happen in one way or another.

They are every summer with Doug tbf. Up to and including Arsenal making four bids in one day on deadline day a couple of years ago. And he hasn’t moved yet. 

10 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Has anyone watched the Bardell thing? I’ll always avoid Greg Evans if given the chance so if anyone has the headlines would be appreciated. 

Not worth the listen, imo. Just talking about stuff everyone already knows.

I’ve  thought (they’ll be posts from Jan saying similar) Dougie would be the one sold this summer. I think whilst Emery likes what he can do, he’s the one in our team that can be replaced easier, and yet bring us in a lot of money. 

29 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Not worth the listen, imo. Just talking about stuff everyone already knows.

41 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Has anyone watched the Bardell thing? I’ll always avoid Greg Evans if given the chance so if anyone has the headlines would be appreciated. 

Also, Dan thinks there’s a contract waiting for him, that he hasn’t signed as of yet 

• Like 1

It sucks If we have to sell Luiz for psr reasons by the end of June but the consequences of playing under the cloud of a points deduction is worse imo.  I don't whether this is true but keep hearing it on prominent villa podcasts. 

25 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Repeating what he said earlier but hey.

Honestly, those two players plus a fair amount of cash and I'm not overly distraught...

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

Sign two players we've been linked to for a while and clearly have a long term interest in and sort out the PSR issue, all in one nice little deal. Starting to understand what Monchi and Vidagany are up to now.

Of our key players I think Luiz is the one we could get away with selling the most. He's elite, but I think he'd be much easier to replace than say Watkins.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Hard not to have an emotional reaction before a rational one on this…

Hoping it’s not true or won’t happen (don’t want their weaker players and we must get a huge fee) but if it does, we will just have to accept it. But I’m going to be upset… unless the deal is really lucrative and appealing. Personally, I want better players than those mentioned.

This is still all talk or rumour for now anyway but just the thought of it is making me kind of upset…

What were you like when Grealish left?

Doug's been an excellent player but the void left won't be as huge and we came out of that one o.k (eventually).

And in true VT fashion half the forum was slagging Luiz off for the last 8 games. 🤦‍♂️ One of those you won't miss him until he's gone.

Â