Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

It’s pretty scandalous that we’re having to sell our best midfielder, even with the riches of Champions League, to meet PSR/FFP rules. Football is broken at present, but I trust Monchi or whoever to get the best possible deal for the club. Just annoying.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Players are open to the fact life as a footballer is about moves. Moving to Juventus means winning Trophies and playing Champions League every season. He'll get a salary bum too and a sign on bonus 

As if Alisha's isn't enough for him already!

9 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

It’s pretty scandalous that we’re having to sell our best midfielder, even with the riches of Champions League, to meet PSR/FFP rules. Football is broken at present, but I trust Monchi or whoever to get the best possible deal for the club. Just annoying.

We don't have to. 

15 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I don't think he will go anywhere.

17 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

If he is going…what would people prefer? A low fee plus McKennie and Iling Junior and he goes to Juventus or 43mil with a sell on clause and he goes to Man City?

Nothing would make me sadder than seeing luiz at city tbh

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

If he is going…what would people prefer? A low fee plus McKennie and Iling Junior and he goes to Juventus or 43mil with a sell on clause and he goes to Man City?

I'd prefer 80 million from Arsenal or Chelsea to be honest. But rather he stays and we sell Duran for 40 million.

• Like 1

So I read that if we do a player plus swap deal for him, we still get to book the value of the incoming players against PSR for the year.

Juve don't have the cash and they don't have any players to really offer us that are decent. Wasting time here, move on.

If we have to sell at least entertain clubs that can do something for us.

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Juve don't have the cash and they don't have any players to really offer us that are decent. Wasting time here, move on.

If we have to sell at least entertain clubs that can do something for us.

Depends if Emery wants the ones being offered surely . That's the deciding factor. We won't take on 2 players he won't use.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, vazquez said:

I'd prefer 80 million from Arsenal or Chelsea to be honest. But rather he stays and we sell Duran for 40 million.

Arsenal, maybe, Chelsea, hell no.

At least we know Man City and Arsenal are pretty much the title contenders.

Meanwhile us, Chelsea, Tottenham and Newcastle is now consider direct rivals.

The only sad part about him going to City would be to see him become a bit part player, and in the long run that wouldn't be out business.

Strengthening those around us would be a mistake.

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Depends if Emery wants the ones being offered surely . That's the deciding factor. We won't take on 2 players he won't use.

The more players they keep adding the less it helps us. If we did a direct swap Luiz for 3 players for example, don't we still need to sell someone for about 50m? We need cash as far as I am aware.

4 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

The more players they keep adding the less it helps us. If we did a direct swap Luiz for 3 players for example, don't we still need to sell someone for about 50m? We need cash as far as I am aware.

Depends. If those 3 players cover positions we need, then we don't need to spend any money so are we then fine?

It's **** boring and exhausting and it's not even July.

Feels like you need a degree in accounting. It's boring and it's bullshit.

When I'm feeling a bit low I click onto this thread to have a little chuckle at all the people losing their shit over some baseless rumour about selling Dougie. Calm down dear,  he isn't going anywhere😃.

5 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

When I'm feeling a bit low I click onto this thread to have a little chuckle at all the people losing their shit over some baseless rumour about selling Dougie. Calm down dear,  he isn't going anywhere😃.

I think the sources now are somewhat legitimate that it will happen in one way or another.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think the sources now are somewhat legitimate that it will happen in one way or another.

What sources? 

Â