Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

4 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

People asking why would we sell Doug on a swap deal? I might have an answer for that! And I’m just making up figures so please don’t base too much on them. 

But if we get €30m + McKennie + Iling Jr for Doug that isn’t just 30m cash. The three transfers would be dealt with separately. So we would get €70m for Doug in cash. And then we would pay Juve €25m for McKennie and €15m for Iling Jr. amortised across a 5 year contract that would be €70m in and €8m a year out for the next 5 years. 

So in essence a €62m bump to the bottom line right now! 

Except that would still be a terrible deal for us. Cause they aren't worth that, and Luiz is worth more. 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

See doesn't make sense. If we need funds why are we entertaining swap deals. We might be very interested in certain players that Juve have but no way are we going to do a deal that is unfavourable for us. 

This

5 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

People asking why would we sell Doug on a swap deal? I might have an answer for that! And I’m just making up figures so please don’t base too much on them. 

But if we get €30m + McKennie + Iling Jr for Doug that isn’t just 30m cash. The three transfers would be dealt with separately. So we would get €70m for Doug in cash. And then we would pay Juve €25m for McKennie and €15m for Iling Jr. amortised across a 5 year contract that would be €70m in and €8m a year out for the next 5 years. 

27 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

If it was Soule and Chiesa + cash then we could start talking a deal. 

The only sort of deal that may have some appeal…

Don’t want their squad players or shit ones.

Don’t want Dougie to leave 😭 

If we lose someone as important as Dougie… then an equivalent player (or massive fee, which they can’t offer) for them should come our way… just how I feel. This is horrible.

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

The only sort of deal that may have some appeal…

Don’t want their squad players or shit ones.

Don’t want Dougie to leave 😭 

If we lose someone as important as Dougie… then an equivalent player (or massive fee, which they can’t offer) for them should come our way… just how I feel. This is horrible.

Yeah it’s a filthy situation if true 

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Except that would still be a terrible deal for us. Cause they aren't worth that, and Luiz is worth more. 

I’m not saying it’s a good deal. I haven’t seen much of either player offered so I won’t judge, I’m just trying to understand the logic from a financial point of view. 

It's not about the cash, it's all to do with "accounting" - it's bloody sickening what's become of football and hopefully it's restructured in the future ias there is a theoretical collapse coming in the eyes of psr and ffp which will cause a rethink 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

But all the reports I’ve seen on the cash part is that Juve don’t have that level of money, they have around €10m cash for this deal hence why they are trying to add a second player.  I understand the bump to the bottom line, my issue is selling Luiz in the first place but then if it has to be done, the values of their players seem overinflated and Dougie undervalued.

• Like 1

Wouldn't we have to sell another valuable player If we just swapped him for some Juve cast offs and whatever cash they can "beg, borrow and steal" to make up our valuation of Dougie?

39 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Just out of interest, what would represent a good deal with players coming the other way? 

£50m + Soule
£40m + Chiesa
£30m + Chiesa and Soule
£120m + McFlurry

?

If we need x amount of pounds for PSR, and we have a vested interested in 2/3 of their players then I’m sure a deal can be done. Soule, Chiesa and Iling Junior could all add something as long as they give us a load of cash too.

L = £50m + S (1)
L = £40m + C (2)
L = £30m + C + S (3)
L = £120m + McF (4)

(3) - (2) -=> L - L = £30m + C + S - (£40m + C) => 0 = S - £10m => S = £10m (5)

(5) into (1) => L = £50m + £10m => L = £60m (6)

(6) into (2) => £60m = £40m + C => C = £20m

(6) into (4) => £60m = £120m + McF => McF = -£60m

Hate to break it to people but the club have surely planned for Dougie to be sold this summer since last summer. He has 2 years left on his contract his stock is high and he's essentially all profit. I'm sure Emery feels he can replace his profile in the team.

For me Tielemans and Barkley will be used as one of the 6s and we'll see Gallagher, McKennie or Kamara partner them. I'm certain Emery and Monchi have this mapped out 

• Like 1

Hard not to have an emotional reaction before a rational one on this…

Hoping it’s not true or won’t happen (don’t want their weaker players and we must get a huge fee) but if it does, we will just have to accept it. But I’m going to be upset… unless the deal is really lucrative and appealing. Personally, I want better players than those mentioned.

This is still all talk or rumour for now anyway but just the thought of it is making me kind of upset…

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Wouldn't we have to sell another valuable player If we just swapped him for some Juve cast offs and whatever cash they can "beg, borrow and steal" to make up our valuation of Dougie?

No, ignore the swap in the whole thing. Just see it as agreed sale of players between the clubs. We can slightly inflate the sale prices too as long as they are more the higher end of the value. 

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

But all the reports I’ve seen on the cash part is that Juve don’t have that level of money, they have around €10m cash for this deal hence why they are trying to add a second player.  I understand the bump to the bottom line, my issue is selling Luiz in the first place but then if it has to be done, the values of their players seem overinflated and Dougie undervalued.

That’s the big concern here… before we have any actual details or info to go off of. We must not undersell or undervalue him… surely there would be other takers too, if it’s a deal that has to (😡) be done…

Just now, CVByrne said:

No, ignore the swap in the whole thing. Just see it as agreed sale of players between the clubs. We can slightly inflate the sale prices too as long as they are more the higher end of the value. 

That'll be a huge amount in agent fees and a massive increase in our salary budget.

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Think I’m just going to trust the club. If this is what Unai and Monchi think is best then so be it.

I agree but it doesn’t feel good seeing Dougie leaving, then for what seems undervalue, then part of that is taken by a couple of average players coming our way.  Again it’s only reports I know, but this rumour keeps getting worse day by day with new bits of apparent information. I’m just cringing on what’s next for this deal.  Again I trust in Emery and Monchi but from an outside perspective this sounds like a shit sandwich.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I agree but it doesn’t feel good seeing Dougie leaving, then for what seems undervalue, then part of that is taken by a couple of average players coming our way.  Again it’s only reports I know, but this rumour keeps getting worse day by day with new bits of apparent information. I’m just cringing on what’s next for this deal.  Again I trust in Emery and Monchi but from an outside perspective this sounds like a shit sandwich.

Oh I agree, 2 lesser players cannot replace one outstanding player. I’m just hoping that if this sorts our PSR issues out we can then go on and buy a top quality midfielder.

Â