Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Iling-Jr and possibly Carlos Alcaraz, plus some cash wouldn’t be the worst deal in the world. Problem with taking Iling-Jr is he likes the left side and we have Ramsey and Rogers, plus Buendia. It’s not really an area we need to strengthen. 

I really liked Alcaraz at Southampton but unsure how he’s been doing at Juve? Just not sold on Weston I have to say. 

Liverpool and Arsenal are known admirers. Surely one will come in for him as there’s a deal to seemingly be done here. We need that Prem money rather than the magic beans Juve seem to be offering. £50-55m is a bargain for one of the red cartel.

32 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Can’t see a juventus move happen when the whole narrative is we need money

I think what " we need money " for is so that we can improve the squad.

So if any truth, I can see how the caveat is we will do the deal if we can improve our squad whilst doing it.

Money or not etc.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

No thanks. Money or get out 

I'd take McKennie the kind of player who would be very useful to have in our squad. 

I'd like to know the valuations put on Dougie and McKennie in that scenario. 65m and 20m or something would be good

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Says discussions have taken place today and it is Illing Junior and McKennie and a fee. 
Im still underwhelmed. 

Hope it’s complete bullshit because it disgusts me…

don’t want any of Juve’s shitty, sub par players for one of our very best. Should be a huge chunk of cash unless we’re taking one or two of their best… which we wouldn’t be at all here…

Come on Dougie, just sign a new deal. We’ll sell some of our cast offs instead and limit or avoid big business…

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Come on Dougie, just sign a new deal. We’ll sell some of our cast offs instead and limit or avoid big business…

Mate I don't think Doug actually WANTS to go per se.

This would probs be more out of necessity and wheeling and dealing unfortunately 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Because no one would want him 😂

Apparently they value him at €25m so quite right, no one will buy him at that price. 

For a decent fee (i.e. €15m) he could be a good pick up,  very versatile and effectively covers every midfield position, defensive mid, box-to-box, attacking, wide right, he’s even filled in at full back before apparently.

However if we’re signing Barkley as well that’s 2 midfield back ups and we’d still need a proper replacement for Luiz and maybe a like-for-like cover for Kamara. It seems a bit too busy in that area of the squad in that scenario.

• Like 1

Don’t care about the reasons… selling Luiz would  be a sickening blow and start to the window… a sucker punch. Would feel so deflated after the delight and joy at what we managed to achieve.

Again, don’t want Juve’s crap or leftovers… deal only worth doing if a player as (or almost as) valuable to them as Dougie is to us is arriving…

They wouldn’t be able to afford it, but the alternative would be a huge fee. Don’t give in to their cheapskate tactics Monchi…

• Like 2

People asking why would we sell Doug on a swap deal? I might have an answer for that! And I’m just making up figures so please don’t base too much on them. 

But if we get €30m + McKennie + Iling Jr for Doug that isn’t just 30m cash. The three transfers would be dealt with separately. So we would get €70m for Doug in cash. And then we would pay Juve €25m for McKennie and €15m for Iling Jr. amortised across a 5 year contract that would be €70m in and €8m a year out for the next 5 years. 

So in essence a €62m bump to the bottom line right now! 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This would probs be more out of necessity and wheeling and dealing unfortunately 

I feel sick 🤢 

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Can’t see a juventus move happen when the whole narrative is we need money

What's important is what value is placed on Dougie on a sale even if a player comes the other way. So if he's valued at £65-70m that goes down as his sale price and we book almost all of it as profit. That sorts out PSR for us. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

No thanks. Money or get out 

See doesn't make sense. If we need funds why are we entertaining swap deals. We might be very interested in certain players that Juve have but no way are we going to do a deal that is unfavourable for us. 

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Players are open to the fact life as a footballer is about moves. Moving to Juventus means winning Trophies and playing Champions League every season. He'll get a salary bum too and a sign on bonus 

2 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

People asking why would we sell Doug on a swap deal? I might have an answer for that! And I’m just making up figures so please don’t base too much on them. 

But if we get €30m + McKennie + Iling Jr for Doug that isn’t just 30m cash. The three transfers would be dealt with separately. So we would get €70m for Doug in cash. And then we would pay Juve €25m for McKennie and €15m for Iling Jr. amortised across a 5 year contract that would be €70m in and €8m a year out for the next 5 years. 

So in essence a €62m bump to the bottom line right now! 

Pretty much how I see it to. Sell a player in his prime, two decent squad options in and a massive boost to our financial situation as well as opening the door for a couple of big deals thanks to the way ffp, psr and whatever else works.

Sometimes it's a step back then two steps forward as a result. Positive thinking...

• Like 1

Â