Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

6 minutes ago, rjenkins said:

The idea of Dougie being sold is hard to swallow for a number of a reasons.

There's a good core of this squad that have been with us for a number of years now, and it would be tough to let any of those players go.

Sacrifices have to be made to progress. Fans are emotionally attached to a lot of these players, but they’re all gonna leave at some point. Some sooner than others. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Sacrifices have to be made to progress. Fans are emotionally attached to a lot of these players, but they’re all gonna leave at some point. Some sooner than others. 

Yes I agree broadly - but in not achieving maximum value we could limit the progress made down the road is the fear. 

Not sure it counts for anything but Transfermarkt have Dougie's market value at £70m.

42 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Have the old lady heard of Callumbia Chamberosa? Versatile, can play the same positions as Doug and would be alot more affordable at circa 35 - 40 mill 👀

spacer.png

3.5 - 4m would do just fine…

• Haha 1

I'm actually in brum till tomorrow but I just did the rounds on some italian websites.

Most of the articles are from 5/6 days ago, then some more were added a couple of days ago. There seems to be a consensus that Monchi has been in Turin. They all say Luiz is open to a move there (but with no quotes or any evidence) and that we have valued Luiz at €40-60m which Juve want to get down by offering players in exchange, their idea being McKinnie. They value him at €30m, so anywhere from 3/4 to 1/2 of the transfer depending on what the actual agreed valuation of Luiz would be. The more recent articles say that there is agreement between the clubs but that Luiz's wages are now the problem, that he'd have to take a pay cut to join them.

I'm not 100% convinced of anything though to be honest, lots of articles seem to take it as fact so maybe they are talking. Sounds like a bad deal from our end if true if you ask me which would be out of character with all our recent business apart from the Gerrard "era". 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

I'm actually in brum till tomorrow but I just did the rounds on some italian websites.

Most of the articles are from 5/6 days ago, then some more were added a couple of days ago. There seems to be a consensus that Monchi has been in Turin. They all say Luiz is open to a move there (but with no quotes or any evidence) and that we have valued Luiz at €40-60m which Juve want to get down by offering players in exchange, their idea being McKinnie. They value him at €30m, so anywhere from 3/4 to 1/2 of the transfer depending on what the actual agreed valuation of Luiz would be. The more recent articles say that there is agreement between the clubs but that Luiz's wages are now the problem, that he'd have to take a pay cut to join them.

I'm not 100% convinced of anything though to be honest, lots of articles seem to take it as fact so maybe they are talking. Sounds like a bad deal from our end if true if you ask me which would be out of character with all our recent business apart from the Gerrard "era". 

Thanks for this!

So Villa take a major hit on the fee and Luiz takes a major hit on his salary and this is going to happen.  Not a chance!  Just a leverage move because they want Koopmeiners deal but they can’t agree a fee.

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

Imagine selling Luiz for McKennie and £20m. Lol

Im certain that won't be happening. 

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Thanks for this!

So Villa take a major hit on the fee and Luiz takes a major hit on his salary and this is going to happen.  Not a chance!  Just a leverage move because they want Koopmeiners deal but they can’t agree a fee.

The only thing that makes me worry is that it seems to be taken as face that Monchi was in Turin. Might be that he was and the rest is all bullshit as it is hard to believe we'd get bent over on price and Luiz would be so desperate to go to a frankly shadow of it's former self Juventus that he'd take a big wage cut. That said there's no actual proof Monchi was in Torino in the first place, might be everyone is conveniently agreeing he did with no evidence to sell papers/get clickthroughs...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

The only thing that makes me worry is that it seems to be taken as face that Monchi was in Turin. Might be that he was and the rest is all bullshit as it is hard to believe we'd get bent over on price and Luiz would be so desperate to go to a frankly shadow of it's former self Juventus that he'd take a big wage cut. That said there's no actual proof Monchi was in Torino in the first place, might be everyone is conveniently agreeing he did with no evidence to sell papers/get clickthroughs...

We've been linked to both Bellanova at Torino and Soule from Juve/Frosinone (and Iling-Junior I think). Hopefully it's about them.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He was never going to Juve. They used his name to leverage on other deals. It’s one of the oldest tactics in football. 

the thing with the links that stood out the most to me was he has 2 years left on his deal

i took it more as we're negotiating with him and his agent used Juve's name as leverage 

juve dont deny it because they're linked with a big signing of a brazilian international from a PL team

its what silly season is all about

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, romavillan said:

On the other hand.. a few players based in Turin that would improve Villa. Could be that he was there to look into a couple of potential incomings

• Like 1

Does seem the club have always told him if the price is right he can leave and he has been happy with that. If a large bid comes in he’ll leave but I don’t think that bid will come and he’ll sign a new contract. 

it’s summer of 2022 all over again.

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the thing with the links that stood out the most to me was he has 2 years left on his deal

i took it more as we're negotiating with him and his agent used Juve's name as leverage 

juve dont deny it because they're linked with a big signing of a brazilian international from a PL team

its what silly season is all about

Unless we get a massive offer or he wants to leave, I’m working on the assumption he’s getting a new deal. The rest is noise. Hopefully the Euros will give things for people to focus on instead. 

• Like 2

Original. From a podcaster, believe he used to work at Bleacher Report until they went out on their own. Though weirdly, Sam Tighe, who is on the same podcast is the Villa fan, so weird it hasn't come from him

12 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

£50 million is way too low...

Not if the reports that we have to sell someone by the end of June it isn't, beggars can't be choosers.

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Not if the reports that we have to sell someone by the end of June it isn't, beggars can't be choosers.

The question is still do we still have a preJune problem? I’m still not convinced we have, it’s all just guess work or clickbait imo.

• Like 3

Â