Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

I’ve been trying not to follow transfer tittle-tattle, but can’t help but pay attention to this. I’d be very disappointed to lose Douglas-Luiz, he’s been such a key player for us in this side, and I really like him. He’s a baller and has some much needed bite about his game. I hope it’s not true but if it is then I also trust Emery to improve our midfield with the funds. 

I don’t particularly rate McKennie though. 

• Like 4

£50m +McKennie is £30m short.

But...what do we do if Doug has two years left and hasn't touched a new deal we've offered? He has to go this summer if he won't sign up. Has to.

• Like 1

One reason I'd be sad to lose Dougie is because I simply really like him. He has that intangible likeability and, while underrated by some, he's a bit of a cult hero with his style of play, no-look passes, scoring from corners etc.

I remember when we signed him as our first ever Brazilian player (IIRC) and I was over the moon. I'd be bloody sad to see the bloke go!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Who is this Bosch dude?

A person who pretends to be ITK. Said yesterday it would be Luiz for McKinnie + Rabiot and someone reminded him Rabiot is out of contract 

• Haha 2

Just now, SeanVilla said:

A person who pretends to be ITK. Said yesterday it would be Luiz for McKinnie + Rabiot and someone reminded him Rabiot is out of contract 

We always get on one these we fall for every window! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

£50m +McKennie is £30m short.

But...what do we do if Doug has two years left and hasn't touched a new deal we've offered? He has to go this summer if he won't sign up. Has to.

No. We keep him for another year and he can decide where he wants to leave like whatever the bumper contract pay rise on the table over the next 12 months. When guys realise they are going to lose out on 2 mil they change their tones pretty quickly. 

Plus like we can sell him to city, Liverpool or arsenal in 12 months time and we can probably drive the price pretty high if only because they will want to prevent the others from strengthening. 

He’s not going to Juve for reasons that have been said a thousand times over the last 30-odd pages.

We can all get sad about an agent trying to pump up wages for a new deal if we want, but I think it just shows how bored we are.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

No. We keep him for another year and he can decide where he wants to leave like whatever the bumper contract pay rise on the table over the next 12 months. When guys realise they are going to lose out on 2 mil they change their tones pretty quickly. 

Plus like we can sell him to city, Liverpool or arsenal in 12 months time and we can probably drive the price pretty high if only because they will want to prevent the others from strengthening. 

We'll only be getting derisory bids if he has one year left. He'll have Juve, Madrid, PSG, Saudi all chattering away to his agent 'wait 6 months and a £15m signing on fee is yours'.

4 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Think we selling Doug before the 30th and all new players coming after. 

for accountants to do their dark arts

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91hf3n72we9lj8lm5e7k

They would have to hurry up as he is off to USA for the Copa America next week

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

We'll only be getting derisory bids if he has one year left. He'll have Juve, Madrid, PSG, Saudi all chattering away to his agent 'wait 6 months and a £15m signing on fee is yours'.

So be it. Personally think City, Arse or Liverpool would still give real offers as he'd strenthrn them. 

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

F***.

This month as well, PSR for this year's accounts. 

Open suggests we don't need to sell though.  Could be PR speak/ leaks to encourage offers, but I don't think we're in the desperate to sell category that Chelsea are.

I read it as if we sell him this month, it let's us buy someone else for less off another club that is desperate to sell this month. 

Who has the money to buy Luiz this month though? I'm not sure anyone bar City.

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Open suggests we don't need to sell though.  Could be PR speak/ leaks to encourage offers, but I don't think we're in the desperate to sell category that Chelsea are.

I read it as if we sell him this month, it let's us buy someone else for less off another club that is desperate to sell this month. 

Who has the money to buy Luiz this month though? I'm not sure anyone bar City.

Same journo

Selling our only actual CM would be a baffling decision. 

What a state football is in if we have to sell one of Kamara, Luiz, Ramsey because they are "Pure profit". 

7 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Selling our only actual CM would be a baffling decision. 

What a state football is in if we have to sell one of Kamara, Luiz, Ramsey because they are "Pure profit". 

McGinn would be too

A lot of our players have been around so long that they're basically pure profit.

The fact we may have to sell someone despite exceeding all reasonable expectations is mental.  Football is fcuked, but Man City's solution is not the answer and would just make it worse.

Â