Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

21 hours ago, thabucks said:

No way is McGinn Better than Dougie on his day. McGinn gets a huge free pass for going missing whereas Luiz gets slaughtered when he’s off his game. Much rather SJM goes if it’s a straight choice. It says a lot that top teams are linked with wanting Luiz yet no rumours ever about any top team wanting McGinn - wonder why that is . 

Also don’t believe he’d wanna leave us just as we qualify for the campions league after rejecting a move to Arsenal previously. 

keep both and sell Konsa if we have to sell someone for the greater good as he’s definitely replaceable. 

yawn.  Luiz is better than Mcginn.  ok fine that's opinion.  you say Luiz I say Mcginn.  However I definitely saw a flurry of articles stating that luiz wants out.  agree they could just be click bait though.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

You would think Monchi in particular would know all the concerns of selling a player to Barcelona.

5dc3c779480fef4314821daedd1e55c0.jpg.9fb143437348cf7c14e47e77175ec6ba.jpg

Yeah Barca take the pee so much with comings and goings. Ultimately their calling card is location and general size of club so they'll always have endless players wanting to join them regardless of their chaotic finances. Luiz also played for Girona for a season before joining us.

I guess the only unknown was we quickly concluded the Lenglet deal after Mings injury so there might have been a secret agreement for them to get first dibs on a Luiz if that player becomes available.

All the talk about luis along with most of our players is very much paper talk based on us having a great season. The media can’t bear it when is or one of the none European super league clubs do well so the immediate response is to sell off our players probably on the cheap to Barca or to Juve in a swap deal for one of there none playing squad players. 

23 hours ago, meregreen said:

If it’s true that he wants to leave, then I’ll be happy to see him go. Never keep players who want out, it can disrupt a team spirit. Grealish showed no one is irreplaceable.

Well, the first 10 games after Grealish left rendered us 9 points and Dean Smith was sacked. After a mediocre recovery, the first 11 games of the next season achieved 9 points and Steven Gerrard departed. 

I wouldn't call that a resounding affirmation that we weren't affected by JG's departure.

I must have imagined all those games Luiz seemed to score every home game, or the time when he was immense in Unai's first season, or the Times when he was a goal threat taking a corner, or how good he was on penalties or how after lock down he stood up and was a big part of us staying up.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I must have imagined all those games Luiz seemed to score every home game, or the time when he was immense in Unai's first season, or the Times when he was a goal threat taking a corner, or how good he was on penalties or how after lock down he stood up and was a big part of us staying up.

Yeah man, complete figment of your imagination. One of our most pivotal players should be sold for 40m apparently🤣

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thabucks said:

See more chatter about him leaving with Barca now the club … Thats a move i wouldn’t discount as his game is suited to them and I guess it’s most players dreams to play for them regardless of how much a basket case club they are. They also have a number of players I’m sure we’d be interested in - Balde, Araujo, Faye, Lopez , Koundé etc…. cannot wait for his new contract to be confirmed which I feel is the  most likely outcome 

I would discount because Barca haven’t a pot to p1ss in and need to raise a lot cash before end of June.  They are pretending to their fans when they talk about big money buys.

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Well, the first 10 games after Grealish left rendered us 9 points and Dean Smith was sacked. After a mediocre recovery, the first 11 games of the next season achieved 9 points and Steven Gerrard departed. 

I wouldn't call that a resounding affirmation that we weren't affected by JG's departure.

That’s all true but our coaching staff and recruitment team his much better now than then.  As are many other aspects that have improved dramatically since the appointment of Unai, who has been a key driver of the club both on and off the pitch and who still enjoys the backing of the owners who appointed him and support him massively. It’s almost as if Unai has turned the lights on for us to enable us to see where we should be going and how to get there. As long as he remains everything and anything positive is possible. Would you bet against us?? UTV!!!!!!!!!!

When those articles talk about "luiz deciding he wants to leave" it makes zero sense. We have qualified for Cl and he was a massive reason for that, he is a starter and his missus plays for villa too. Why would he want to go?

Its just pure fantasy 

39 minutes ago, striker said:

I'm glad I amuse you and I'm going to amuse you some more.

When Luiz was out injured and Tielemans in the DM role Villa played better football. Luiz wasn't missed until Tielemans picked up an injury.

I've also read on here that Luiz is Villa's most technically gifted midfielder. In fact the best midfielder Villa have.

I'm obviously in the minority but for me McGinn is better and much more consistent.

Apart from one fantastic pass to Watkins I've seen nothing from Luiz to suggest he is more technically gifted than McGinn or Tielemans. Both Tielemans and McGinn affect the game consistently more and are more forward thinking in their play.

I also see someone has turned their nose up at 40m for Luiz. Considering a few seasons ago Arsenal were prepared to pay 25m - 30m. 40m and I'd drive him to whatever club offered that.

Luiz is vastly overrated on here and is continually excused when having a bad game which is far too often for my liking.

He is a lightweight midfielder that contributes 1 in 6 games and is another reason why Villa are too easy to play through at times.

Sell him, put the money towards Gallagher and Villa will have a far more efficient and effective midfield!

Stopped readimg at when Luiz was injured since he wasnt injured all season

Then again you suggested Phillips was better previously 😂

43 minutes ago, striker said:

When Luiz was out injured and Tielemans in the DM role Villa played better football. Luiz wasn't missed until Tielemans picked up an injury.

I've also read on here that Luiz is Villa's most technically gifted midfielder. In fact the best midfielder Villa have.

I'm obviously in the minority but for me McGinn is better and much more consistent.

Apart from one fantastic pass to Watkins I've seen nothing from Luiz to suggest he is more technically gifted than McGinn or Tielemans. Both Tielemans and McGinn affect the game consistently more and are more forward thinking in their play.

I also see someone has turned their nose up at 40m for Luiz. Considering a few seasons ago Arsenal were prepared to pay 25m - 30m. 40m and I'd drive him to whatever club offered that.

Luiz is vastly overrated on here and is continually excused when having a bad game which is far too often for my liking.

He is a lightweight midfielder that contributes 1 in 6 games and is another reason why Villa are too easy to play through at times.

Sell him, put the money towards Gallagher and Villa will have a far more efficient and effective midfield!

image.png.686ebe564474892e7a126e5f02e1a55d.png

2 hours ago, MMFy said:

I'm assuming a player that was happy to renew his contract in the Gerrard era won't be desperate to leave now the club is in the Champions League, and that this story is a load of bull rubbish.

We don't have the aura of Gerrard now mind you.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, striker said:

Well you've argued your points which is fair enough. Not sure many would agree with you though

For what it's worth I'd like Gallagher as well as Luiz

Â