Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah was new to me until Fabrizio explained it at 7:30 in the below. Deal will only happen if they include players into the negotiation is what he said. We seem to be doing something unique it seems with these swap deals. 

Transfer News with Fabrizio Romano (playback.tv)

Ok ok that’s for the Duran deal.. yet was it our idea for the Luiz deal to have players, and those players 

49 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah was new to me until Fabrizio explained it at 7:30 in the below. Deal will only happen if they include players into the negotiation is what he said. We seem to be doing something unique it seems with these swap deals. 

So, if it's our idea.  Then McKennie and SIJ are not cast-offs but all part of the plan?

Monchi, you son of bitch.

R.e49f2c6a0cda59fe1fcf8149bf0d6aa1?rik=x

Edited by duke313
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Ok ok that’s for the Duran deal.. yet was it our idea for the Luiz deal to have players, and those players 

Well it seems likely. Appears it's a tactic we have decided upon this summer

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Well it seems likely. Appears it's a tactic we have decided upon this summer

If true, I wonder if it’s all a PSR/FFP backscratch trading pool. 
“we are all in the shit, lets help each other out”

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

If true, I wonder if it’s all a PSR/FFP backscratch trading pool. 
“we are all in the shit, lets help each other out”

I'm thinking that is part of it for sure. We can book the values as higher it helps both teams out.

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'm thinking that is part of it for sure. We can book the values as higher it helps both teams out.

It’s not a bad idea, only flaw I can think is players flopping and they have a book value too high to sell 

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

So two clubs both "mutually" overpay for a player, with the outgoing player going down as profit, and the incoming players cost being amortised over 5 years?

If that's what's happening, and it sounds like it is then it's pretty smart, and a potential loophole we can exploit.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

So two clubs both "mutually" overpay for a player, with the outgoing player going down as profit, and the incoming players cost being amortised over 5 years?

If that's what's happening, and it sounds like it is then it's pretty smart, and a potential loophole we can exploit.

Pretty much it 

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It’s not a bad idea, only flaw I can think is players flopping and they have a book value too high to sell 

That's more an issue for Juve / Chelsea than us I feel. We are taking the players at the lower prices which is less of a risk. Still it is a risk if player flops and we valued them higher than the market when we signed. 

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Exactly, we set a high price for Dougie. Juve say it's too high. We say well there are 3/4 players you have we are interested in lets discuss those and agree who you'd part with and what value you set. Then the negotiating is about the values of those players while our price is not negotiated. It's very smart when you are the one in control as you have the player they want. 

• Like 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

That's more an issue for Juve / Chelsea than us I feel. We are taking the players at the lower prices which is less of a risk. Still it is a risk if player flops and we valued them higher than the market when we signed. 

True. I think both players we are getting in the Doug deal ain’t terribly priced. I think we’ll get our (at time) book value back if they don’t work out 

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Except we’re not doing anything because they seem to be floundering. Moving 3 players internationally in one deal sounded very complicated. 

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

Barcelona showing late interest! Who can we swap + cash in this scenario??

No disrespect meant but I find myself feeling today like I just don't even care anymore, tbh. **** 'em all. I hope Monchi and Unai can find a way to work with this unfair situation we find ourselves in. It's exhausting!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just can't allow this to drag onto the end of the month, as each day goes by our position is weakened. I hope we have an alternative to Juventus.

The position we are in,  if we have to sell to meet PSR or hopefully just to strengthen the squad. If it's the first reason then we need other offers ASAP.. 

Edited by tinker

23 minutes ago, tinker said:

Just can't allow this to drag onto the end of the month, as each day goes by our position is weakened. I hope we have an alternative to Juventus.

The position we are in,  if we have to sell to meet PSR or hopefully just to strengthen the squad. If it's the first reason then we need other offers ASAP.. 

Don't be stressing. We've got it all sorted. We're run by the best in the business 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Well, those sales haven’t happened yet.

Perhaps Luiz wants to move? I don’t think he’s particularly unhappy here, but it may be that he wants a change. It happens. Maybe Luiz would be happy seeing his contract out here, and then leave for free in two years. The management might feel that it’s better for us to let him go now and get something (players/money) in return.

I don’t know. You don’t know.

What I know is Luiz wouldn’t have been such a constant fixture in the club’s recent upward trajectory and been utilised by a manager who may well prove to be one of our best ever if he was anywhere near as bad as you have constantly claimed. He wouldn’t be commanding this sort of fee with two years left on his contract if he was as bad as you think he is.

I don't think he's bad or crap. However I do think he's vastly overrated on here. You do remember how well Villa played without him until Tielemans became injured?

You also remember how Villa were overpowered in several games last season? Emery commented on how Palace overpowered Villa in the last game of the season.

That hasn't gone unnoticed hence the current links and probable sale of Luiz.

If Luiz does leave the side Villa will be much stronger in midfield and harder to cut through.

Edited by striker

8 minutes ago, striker said:

I don't think he's bad or crap. However I do think he's vastly overrated on here. You do remember how well Villa played without him until Tielemans became injured?

You also remember how Villa were overpowered in several games last season? Emery commented on how Palace overpowered Villa in the last game of the season.

That hasn't gone unnoticed hence the current links and probable sale of Luiz.

If Luiz does leave the side Villa will be much stronger in midfield and harder to cut through.

You called him “generally ineffective”.

I liked the guy, but with a degree of chagrin, I could understand his detractors describing Ashley Westwood as “generally ineffective”.

I think you are wrong in describing Luiz as such.

Despite how crazy the market is, I don’t believe there are many “generally ineffective” players who are being sold for around the region of £60m, or that said players are at Villa.

• Like 1

Â