Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

11 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

🤷‍♂️

I mean… Barca probably have better, available, players that we could trade for but no 💰 

Shift Duran and Cash asap!

classic transfer window move, something has slowed down, use the media to make up another link to try and speed it back up again

Barca: We're willing to pay €55m for Luiz, payed out over 500 years with the condition that we win the CL every year and manage to sell future broadcasting rights to pay off the interest on our current debt.

• Haha 4

If Luiz is as good as people think he is, then we wouldn't be forcced into this particular deal, we could sell him to any number of clubs, for a decent fee, or another swap deal, for the simple fact there would be more than just Juventus interested, there would be multiple clubs interested. Either he isn't as good as people think, or more likely, we're doing this particular deal because the club likes the money and the players involved - we actually want Weston McKennie and Iling Jr, I think Emery and Monchi and our scouting department who will have done hours upon hours of analysis know more about which players would be better for us

1 minute ago, useless said:

If Luiz is as good as people think he is, then we wouldn't be forcced into this particular deal, we could sell him to any number of clubs, for a decent fee, or another swap deal, for the simple fact there would be more than just Juventus interested, there would be multiple clubs interested. Either he isn't as good as people think, or more likely, we're doing this particular deal because the club likes the money and the players involved - we actually want Weston McKennie and Iling Jr, I think Emery and Monchi and our scouting department who will have done hours upon hours of analysis know more about which players would be better for us

Or other clubs are waiting until July, but we need a sale by June?

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Interesting in that it seems that time is a big pressure on this deal - McKennie will know that if the deal is delayed by any sort of significant time, it'll reach a point where the reasons why Aston Villa are making the deal will no longer apply. That's going to put a massive amount of pressure on both Villa and Juve - to make this deal count for PSR for us and to get the player for Juve. McKennie's agent will know that if he waits a few weeks, there will be no deal - so, "give me a couple of million pounds or I'll do that".

Who is PSR supposed to benefit again?

We have a player that a club with money and no debt don't want to sell that they're being forced to sell to meet an arbitrary accounting deadline that allows an agent to take advantage and squeeze a couple of million pounds out of another club. Is that working the way it's supposed to?

Can't we just take the FA to court, drag it out for a few years like City and hope the rules change in the meantime.

Just keep our players and spend anyway in anticipation of increased earnings? 🤔

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

20m + Ferran Torres and Barca can have him.

Counter offer: Lenglet on a permanent, Ansu Fati on loan for a season and a friendly in Saudi Arabia that Barca gets 90% of the money from.

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:

20m + Ferran Torres and Barca can have him.

Why would we sell him for £21m total deal…

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Well he chose to play Luiz rather often, seemingly didn’t try and offload him at all last summer. Emery (Monchi) has managed to offload other people on loan or wherever. Which is weird because you think he doesn’t rate him.

Just an odd thing to do, play him all the time, have him on penalties, set pieces, even making him captain on occasion.

Yeah, Emery clearly had no appreciation of him whatsoever.

Yet he’s going to sell him even with FFP satisfied with other player sales.

• Confused 1

Barca can’t register players (again), so it would be player swaps (who are all on huge wages), but if we could get Kounde and Victor Roque (one who looks to not be fully registered) and some money it would be a great deal.

We want Iling Jr and McKennie, so that's the deal that will happen

If another team was to come in for Luiz it's likely we would still try and sign McKennie and Iling Jr anyway

Not sure why people can't get it into their heads we aren't having players forced on us we don't want

8 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

What can Barca really offer us? We want cash, not another flavour of a shit deal 

The cost of the player is fine, cash is fine, as long as it stops is from breaching PSR.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

If another team was to come in for Luiz it's likely we would still try and sign McKennie and Iling Jr anyway

Not sure why people can't get it into their heads we aren't having players forced on us we don't want

I’m not sure why you keep making comments as if they are facts when you don’t actually know. Unless you are ITK?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, useless said:

What makes you think that?

if you’re going to reply to this, please may you use the quote button. Cheers 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The cost of the player is fine, cash is fine, as long as it stops is from breaching PSR.

Exactly, I just can’t see any players Barca have that isn’t a rip off somewhere. Be it a high value or stupid high wages 

8 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

What makes you think that?

if you’re going to reply to this, please may you use the quote button. Cheers 

It seems the player swap thing is our idea. We will sell Duran to Chelsea but we want a player swap deal. It's got to be so we can inflate price of our player in the sale because it's not that relevant to either club. This can give us a PSR boost. 

Wonder if this is a Monchi idea

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

It seems the player swap thing is our idea. We will sell Duran to Chelsea but we want a player swap deal. It's got to be so we can inflate price of our player in the sale because it's not that relevant to either club. This can give us a PSR boost. 

Wonder if this is a Monchi idea

Where has the information that it’s our idea came from? This is all new to me 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, striker said:

Yet he’s going to sell him even with FFP satisfied with other player sales.

Well, those sales haven’t happened yet.

Perhaps Luiz wants to move? I don’t think he’s particularly unhappy here, but it may be that he wants a change. It happens. Maybe Luiz would be happy seeing his contract out here, and then leave for free in two years. The management might feel that it’s better for us to let him go now and get something (players/money) in return.

I don’t know. You don’t know.

What I know is Luiz wouldn’t have been such a constant fixture in the club’s recent upward trajectory and been utilised by a manager who may well prove to be one of our best ever if he was anywhere near as bad as you have constantly claimed. He wouldn’t be commanding this sort of fee with two years left on his contract if he was as bad as you think he is.

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Where has the information that it’s our idea came from? This is all new to me 

Yeah was new to me until Fabrizio explained it at 7:30 in the below. Deal will only happen if they include players into the negotiation is what he said. We seem to be doing something unique it seems with these swap deals. 

Transfer News with Fabrizio Romano (playback.tv)

• Like 1

Â