Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

If the Duran deal allows us to keep Dougie then that would be a marvellous bit of business

Yes, agreed.

4 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

If the Duran deal allows us to keep Dougie then that would be a marvellous bit of business

It would be some incredible smoke and mirrors from Monchi 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Unless Doug want to leave, Juve are a massive club he might already have decided.  Selling Duran and Luiz would allow us to get a HUGE signing later in the window.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I will say that it’s quite common for PR type interviews to take place a few weeks or days prior with a publication embargo. I’m guessing it’s the same with player interviews. But again, nothing in Dougie’s words sound like a player who is wanting to leave or has issues with Unai. 

I don’t think we can read anything into it, it’s mainly about him breaking into the Brazil team. Kind of odd to big up the Premier League as the best in the world if you know you’re about to move to Serie A though.

Just now, AvonVillain said:

Struggling to keep up here. He's NOT going??

He is going. People just speculating that Duran sale could mean he stays (can't see that being the case).

Oh and he did an interview (probably a week or so ago) saying how much he likes the Premier League and Unai.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5

20 minutes ago, Powehi said:

Would be so weird for him to give that interview then bugger off. Just something isn't right here with this deal.

I know a guy whose daughter goes to school with Emi Martinez's son. Last year, he apparently said goodbye to her in the summer because he believed his dad was joining Man Utd. That obviously didn't happen but it could be an example of how close a deal can be but then not go through? 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Yes, but… if he’d wanted to stay, why not sign the new contract on offer? Without signing that we are forced to sell him regardless at his peak remaining value. 

• Like 3

Seems inevitable he will have to go due to the FFP rules which seem to stop teams entering the cartel, sorry I mean the top 6. 

It is a pile of shit that even with CL qualification we will end up being a glorified Brighton despite the protests of our owners and CEO. Gap impossible to breach.

If he does go I'd rather we have hard cash then any swaps. For every Carew from Baros there is Ireland from Milner.

I wouldn't be swayed by any club PR fluffery, it is business as usual until a player goes. Remember Grealish with the new villa shirt photos.

Edited by The Fun Factory

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Seems inevitable he will have to go due to the FFP rules which seem to stop teams entering the cartel, sorry I mean the top 6. 

It is a pile of shit that even with CL qualification we will end up being a glorified Brighton despite the protests of our owners and CEO. Gap impossible to breach.

If he does go I'd rather we have hard cash then any swaps. For every Carew from Baros there is Ireland from Milner.

We don't need "hard cash" our owners are loaded and don't need money, they're prevented from putting money in because of PSR.  The value of the players in the swap deal are included to help with PSR, so it doesn't matter if we have a player worth £25m or £25m in money, it's the same thing in PSR terms.

It's absolutely baffling that he'd sign a new contract when he wasn't a guaranteed starter under Gerrard, but wasn't to leave now, if he goes I reckon it's the club that pushed him to go rather than him wanting to leave

Seen on Twitter that City have a 20% sell on clause, surely that's expired since he started a new contract?  If so, would explain why we might be doing a "swap deal".

Just now, duke313 said:

Seen on Twitter that City have a 20% sell on clause, surely that's expired since he started a new contract?  If so, would explain why we might be doing a "swap deal".

His personal contracts have nothing to do with the purchase contact. If we agreed to buy him with that 20% clause, then that’s between the clubs, not the player 

Just now, duke313 said:

But for FFP/PRS to work we have to book it a separate transfers and full fees right? Wouldn't that mean that City still get the 20% off the full fee?

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

His personal contracts have nothing to do with the purchase contact. If we agreed to buy him with that 20% clause, then that’s between the clubs, not the player 

But surely that doesn't last forever?

Â