Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

2 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

It’s a big risk moving on DL for sure. His unbelievable run of form where he was comfortably our best player coincided with Villas brilliant run of form over the first half of the season. Can we recreate that form without him in midfield? Having said that he was often poor and frustrating in the second half of the season so if his end of season form would have continued in to next season then it is less of an issue. Trust in Unai.

I’m willing to bet that Emery will think he can.

• Thanks 1

Don’t worry , you can all read about him when he’s gone , his thread will be continually bumped for pointless reasons by pining fans.

Ooops sorry , wrong player :trollface:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Don’t worry , you can all read about him when he’s gone , his thread will be continually bumped for pointless reasons by pining fans.

Ooops sorry , wrong player :trollface:

the rjw63 Douglas Luiz thread!?!?

• Haha 2

Whatever the whys and wherefores we’re selling a good player. It’s not the first time or the last time we’ll sell a good player. Is it more upsetting than losing Yorke, Benteke, Grealish, Milner, Delph etc? Not for me. 

It was becoming evident throughout the course of the season that we’d have to sell a big name in the summer, for me that would have to have been one of Martinez, Watkins, Ramsey or Luiz (maybe add Konsa), and of that list and if it had to be one of them, I’d think Luiz would probably come out top in a poll.

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

the rjw63 Douglas Luiz thread!?!?

I wouldn’t put it past these evil shit stirring mods 😉

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

It’s a big risk moving on DL for sure. His unbelievable run of form where he was comfortably our best player coincided with Villas brilliant run of form over the first half of the season. Can we recreate that form without him in midfield? Having said that he was often poor and frustrating in the second half of the season so if his end of season form would have continued in to next season then it is less of an issue. Trust in Unai.

I feel sorry for Dougie had he seems to have become the sacrificial lamb. However, I think that Unai will have seen enough of Tielemans to probably believe he has someone there who will fill the void. 

One thing not being mentioned much is how much of an impact losing Dougie may be on our set pieces. He takes nearly all our free kicks and corners, and takes all the penalties. 

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

I feel sorry for Dougie had he seems to have become the sacrificial lamb. However, I think that Unai will have seen enough of Tielemans to probably believe he has someone there who will fill the void. 

One thing not being mentioned much is how much of an impact losing Dougie may be on our set pieces. He takes nearly all our free kicks and corners, and takes all the penalties. 

Got to be Tielemans on penalties. Excellent ball striker.

1 hour ago, mrchnry said:

Good player but always went missing in pressure games, had a massive nose dive in form and gave away absolutely ridiculous fouls at times. 

Really glad we had him but I'm ready for an upgrade now. 

I mean, he basically should have had a hat trick at home to Man City...

5 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

This is a **** travesty in my mind. Two squad players and a derisory amount of cash for a CM that wouldn’t be out of place in any midfield. 

Would stick out like sore thumb in Blues midfield 

25 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Incredible with Kamara in the side then his form dropped when Kamara was missing.

Luiz should not be sold at any price for me. We just need better cover for Kamara.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

I think now's the right time to sell him, his value is at his peak for us. Plus the money brought in and the PSR headroom allows us to invest in the squad this window. We have this summer where we are a very attractive club to join, Champions League football and a revered manager at his peak reputation too. It's an opportunity. 

Always look at Liverpool and Coutinho sale and VVD and Alisson who came in. 

14 minutes ago, a-k said:

I mean, he basically should have had a hat trick at home to Man City...

They probably inserted a clause in the contract stating if he scored a hat trick against them then they get 100% of any fee we receive.  

All this if Emery is happy I’m happy Emery can get the best out of whoever blah blah is just coping mechanisms. This is a shit deal necessary because of shit rules. No one, except Juventus and possible Dougie, wants it. It’s awful

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Suggests to me he is deciding whether to move or not, rather than it being a done deal

Yep… maybe he signs a new deal with us…

could we sell Duran and Cash instead?

Edited by Jas10

Â