Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

6 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

I've come to the conclusion that some people are refusing to read what's actually happening with this deal in terms of how it's financed and what it means to our PSR efforts.

There is that also. But any help understanding PSR on this matter would be helpful too 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

I've come to the conclusion that some people are refusing to read what's actually happening with this deal in terms of how it's financed and what it means to our PSR efforts.

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

There is that also. But any help understanding PSR on this matter would be helpful too 

Likewise I also don’t understand it. The amount of financial guff on Twitter is mostly bullshit and impossible to follow so if you genuinely have knowledge of why this is good please do share

Edited by Spoony

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

PSR is a delight isn’t it.  Rules which mean you could spend £25m on a new player on a 5 year contract and sell a homegrown player for £5,000,001 and you’ve instantly made a £1 PSR “profit” in the current year.

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Where is this please?

He has to go if this is the case. Not actually seen a report though.

There isnt a report but its been clear every window that if the opportunity had come up he would have gone, he really wanted Arsenal but it fell through.

He has two years left andhas had an offer with him for a while but clearly he wants the move and new challenge

Fairplay to him but just wish fans would read the room on that and not keep pointing fiingers on a set up that just got CL football for the first time in 40 years, they have a plan and know what they are doing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cb_82 said:

just wish fans would read the room on that and not keep pointing fiingers on a set up that just got CL football for the first time in 40 years, they have a plan and know what they are doing

I'll disagree with you here.

We're selling because of FFP or whatever you wish to call it.

It wasn't in our grand plan to sell Doug.

Also, we're getting two players the other club are happy to lose and about a quarter of our player's value in cash.

This could go horribly wrong.

• Like 2

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Also, we're getting two players the other club are happy to lose and about a quarter of our player's value in cash.

This. I highly doubt Emery was in the market for these two players. I suspect it’s take or or leave it. This deal makes us a worse team. Yay for fairness in football. 

Maybe he's had enough of playing as the deep defensive midfielder when that's not his game and he's had enough. With Kamara out for a good while longer yet he may have had to play there for longer. When he played there for Smith, Gerrard, and Unai he was a shadow of the player we know he can be.

If he's been offered a more forward thinking role at the biggest team in Italy I wouldn't blame him for fancying it. He's shown here that when he's played there he's a top midfielder.

I hate this. I hate everything about how the premier league is being run these days.

It's "welcome to the top four, unlikely outside challenger! Now **** off again because that wasn't meant to happen."

It **** stinks and it is completely transparent and they have absolutely no intention of introducing a system that is actually fair and disincentivizes the established club in favour of competition - while claiming to be doing exactly that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I mean by plan they will have known a big hitter had to go this summer and they would have known who was interested in who and im sure discussed internally what was the best move and how they would get round it so of course they would have had a plan

As above read between the lines....Player wants to go...no prem teams are in for him...players coming in will not have been specifically targeted but will meet the profile that we are looking for to fit certain roles in the squad....we meet PSR

KTF

Have I got this right from PSR perspective?

We are selling Luiz for £50m at pretty much all profit, which gives us £200m to spend on players with 4 year contracts.  

Then we are buying McKennie for £25m - PSR cost of £6.25m per year. 

And the other dude at £8m - PSR cost of £2m per year.  

Leaves us with a shit-load we could still spend this summer if we wanted to go all out. 

But obviously need to leave some of that £ leeway for the next 3 years as well.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Spoony said:

This. I highly doubt Emery was in the market for these two players. I suspect it’s take or or leave it. This deal makes us a worse team. Yay for fairness in football. 

If we didn’t want the players, we wouldn’t sign them.

Further, a good fee means we can spend relatively large again in the summer. 

• Like 1

Just now, ender4 said:

Have I got this right from PSR perspective?

We are selling Luiz for £50m at pretty much all profit, which gives us £200m to spend on players with 4 year contracts.  

Then we are buying McKennie for £25m - PSR cost of £6.25m per year. 

And the other dude at £8m - PSR cost of £2m per year.  

Leaves us with a shit-load we could still spend this summer if we wanted to go all out. 

But obviously need to leave some of that £ leeway for the next 3 years as well.

Basically, yes. 

3 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

If I were Unai I'd sack Monchi off given this poor deal for Luiz. Did terrible business at Roma too by all accounts. 

Have you considered Unai maybe happy with this deal?

• Like 2

Would prefer it if he stayed, but if it’s a choice between Luiz and Martinez, Watkins or even Pau, I think selling Luiz hurts us the least. I don’t think I would sell Bailey over Luiz either. Or Konsa.

Our other saleable assets are probably Kamara and Ramsey, both have been injured so won’t generate much income.

In some games he does disappear, and there have been occasions where he is passive and other teams can take control from us (think Man Utd away and Bournemouth at home). But he is not the only one in our team that can be passive.

I also think that Emery has probably seen us play without him a few times with McGinn and Youri as the double pivot, and he has seen that they can cope. And we may need a bit more aggression, speed and pressing in the middle and through the whole team, and maybe the players coming in will add that.

Sorry to see him go, but he’s not irreplaceable where we are right now. And we have to remember that his value will start falling as soon as the season starts because he only has 2 years left on his contract.

Could be a very clever bit of business in terms of adding depth when you consider that Barkley will be there as well. Luiz out and 3 players in, with a bit a cash left over as well, feels like a good move, especially when one has plenty of experience at Juve and in the champions league.

Hopefully the two players coming in make a difference to the squad.

• Like 2

Â