Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Sad to see him leave.

I know McKennie has been good this season but I'm very sceptical about this.

5 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

We have to sell someone. 

So who are you selling instead?

If there was interest  cash digne carlos or even JJ. 

Those 4 or a combination of a few of them.

Clearly we are are in trouble with FFP hence why looking to sell luiz asap

looking at general twitter replies from both sides, it seems that neither set of fans are happy and both feel their pants are being pulled down. funny old game eh.

Reasons id imagine emery being willing to sell

- Firstly being Helps with PSR for 2023/2024 

- 2 years left on contract and no discussions of new deal

-  There has been interest around luiz by clubs in the past (easier to sell)

-  Allows us to bring in more physical players in midfield (Mckennie + someone like gallagher)

Edited by TheMightyVillans

The very first time watching him vs Bournemouth and scoring that screamer, made me a huge fan of his and one of my favourite players at the club for the last 5 years. Watching him get better and better every season has been a joy and he’s provided us with some amazing moments. It’s a shame he’s going but that’s football these days unfortunately. 

He’s leaving on a high by helping us achieve champions league and despite not being on form in the last part of the season, he’s been one of our best players this season. 

I wish him nothing but the best (unless it’s a Juventus vs Villa champions league final) 

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

looking at general twitter replies from both sides, it seems that neither set of fans are happy and both feel their pants are being pulled down. funny old game eh.

Where you looking at? Juve fans seem pretty delighted where I looked 

I bet there has been Premier League interest but we don’t want to sell to a rival. No way he gets out of here without Arsenal or Liverpool enquiring at least. Probably Chelsea for good measure too.

8 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

-  There has been interest around luiz by clubs in the past (easier to sell)

-  Allows us to bring in more physical players in midfield (Mckennie + someone like gallagher)

If reports are to be believed he will only be making around 100,000  a week at Juve. For sure we could have matched that, so doubt any sort of contract stalemate is the reason.  For a lot of Latin players  the prestige of playing for the top Serie A and La Liga clubs is still quite luring over the money of the Premier League. 

Edited by nepal_villan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

- There has been interest around luiz by clubs in the past (easier to sell)

- Allows us to bring in more physical players in midfield (Mckennie + someone like gallagher)

Agree on all of those. I also think Luiz is interested in a move and who wouldn't tbh. Get's to join one of the "super league" clubs. He will expect to win trophies, play every season in CL and next summer will play in the Club World Cup as Juve are qualified. 

For us we are selling a player at his peak value and using the sale to reinvest in our squad. 

I personally don't think Dougies drop in form has exceeded that of any other player. Whole team has been patchy since Christmas yet we've still achieved 4th by some miracle. I've just seen alot of comments recently along the lines of happy to sell he's been awful, which is just unfair imo. I mean McGinn has had his fair share of drop offs too but he gets a free pass because McGinn. No doubt though out of all the players he's the most sellable which is a shame but I accept of course. It is what it is!

17 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I wouldn't discount how much the weather may be a factor in this

Turin isn't like central/southern Italy. Winter is cold, wet and foggy. Colder than Brum in the winter probably.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Turin isn't like central/southern Italy. Winter is cold, wet and foggy. Colder than Brum in the winter probably.

Internet says its 26 there now and 12 in Brum. Obvs not saying its the only factor but the boy is from Brazil

I'll be very sad to see him go, alongside Kamara we saw some great football from him. Top player. His 'dip' in form coincided with Kamara's injury. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I love Luiz but he was open to a move before and it sounds like he is open to one again.  So makes sense to sell if the deal is right. 

He was open before because some idiot used him as a sub

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Its seem ludicrous that we can sell Luiz and sign Gallagher and be in a better situation FFP wise. It's a crazy system.

It’s totally broken. They built a system that incentivises clubs selling off homegrown players or those who’ve been there since young (and cheap), and signing the same profile from other clubs. Meanwhile fans would much rather have the homegrown players (and so would clubs if not for the financial push). 

As for this, I’ll be gutted if he goes, I love him. But I’m confident we will continue to push on.

Â