Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

2 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

This is from a very well respected Man City ITK, and he was apparently asked to delete the tweet.

Delete it cos it's bullshit perhaps?

6 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

This is from a very well respected Man City ITK, and he was apparently asked to delete the tweet.

Jesus wept.

Another of our leading players going to those **** cheats.

How many over the last 10 years? Seven?

Kick em out.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Like I said, Man City fans seem to treat his word as gospel.

Complete bollox, he signed a new deal and the city buy back clause was cancelled .

Just now, tinker said:

Complete bollox, he signed a new deal and the city buy back clause was cancelled .

thanks for that input but he’s saying there is a sell on clause, not a buy back clause

2 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

thanks for that input but he’s saying there is a sell on clause, not a buy back clause

I saw that tweet but that’s the bit I didn’t get. He’s not on his original contract from when he we signed him from City. Surely any sell on has expired? 

Way too much smoke for there not to be fire at this point.

I have a feeling people (myself included) are going to be a bit disappointed pretty soon.

• Like 1

I like how Sky Sports change the language - Romano said those names were discussed, it didn’t mention from whom. Now we are demanding those names?! Hmm. 

5 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Trying to lower the fee?

They are taking the piss as it is, they already have our pants around our ankles.

Iling Junior and McKennie + €20m is a disgusting deal, I am ashamed by the club for this.

It also makes no sense, the reason we are selling Luiz is for financial reasons, €20m is f*ck all, we can't buy anyone with that. Two players who won't improve the first 11 won't make any difference.

I thought we were becoming a big club now with Monchi, Emery etc, obviously we aren't and are still having our pants pulled down by bigger clubs.

I don't see how we can finish top 4 again next season or even close to it when we are making deals like this and seeing our best players leave. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, PeterSw said:

What if Luiz doesn't want to leave the club?

Until we see concrete quotes from the club, it's all rumours and speculation at the minute. 

Think it's well known these days clubs don't put bids in unless a player has given the nod he would go to them. Didn't really pay much notice to the rumours at first since the Italian media can be dodgy but now there's a couple of Villa journalists talking about it so there's probably some truth to it.

I don't want us to sell Luiz. I'd rather the club moved on Cash, Digne, Dendoncker, Duran, Chambers, Carlos, Olsen, Coutinho before contemplating selling Luiz but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any immediate interest in some of the players whilst players like Cash/Digne are happy to stay at the club and don't want to move. 

It's frustrating having to keep reading about FFP/PSR this summer but I always go back to them two windows under Gerrard which is biting us now. At the time you'd have thought the recruitment could have found some younger/cheaper alternatives to signing Digne (£25 million and big wages), Coutinho on a permanent (£17 million and big wages), Dendoncker (fairly big wages), Carlos (28 million and big wages). You'd imagine the club would love to shift all 4 this summer. 

If the Luiz deal goes go through or if Ramsey is sold for a good fee this/next summer and we can get ourselves back into a decent PSR position I hope the club would have learnt from previous mistakes. £100 million pure profit that's helped the books the last three years won't be coming back anytime soon. 

2 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Iling Junior and McKennie + €20m is a disgusting deal, I am ashamed by the club for this.

It also makes no sense, the reason we are selling Luiz is for financial reasons, €20m is f*ck all, we can't buy anyone with that. Two players who won't improve the first 11 won't make any difference.

I thought we were becoming a big club now with Monchi, Emery etc, obviously we aren't and are still having our pants pulled down by bigger clubs.

I don't see how we can finish top 4 again next season or even close to it when we are making deals like this and seeing our best players leave. 

It isn't just £20m though, it's also the value of the players included.

• Like 1

I don’t fully understand why we want players in return for Luiz if we’re after money to help with PSR/whatever.

I understand why Juve want that arrangement.

Unless the players being mentioned are ones we would be interested regardless.

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I don’t fully understand why we want players in return for Luiz if we’re after money to help with PSR/whatever.

I understand why Juve want that arrangement.

Unless the players being mentioned are ones we would be interested regardless.

It’s not a swap deal. It’s a double purchase, for the books

We’re selling Doug for £60m (on the books right now)

we buying the cast offs for £40m (amortised over several years)

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It’s not a swap deal. It’s a double purchase, for the books

We’re selling Doug for £60m (on the books right now)

we buying the cast offs for £40m (amortised over several years)

Ah I see, thanks.

I don’t care for it.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It isn't just £20m though, it's also the value of the players included.

Well the other two aren't worth 60m so this isn't adding up. Dreadful deal.

Â