Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I really don't think that list is good enough for Champions League level team. If we sell Luiz we need to replace with a better player which seems impossible.

Depends what you mean for Champions League Level Doggy?

id say our midfield is better than most teams in pots 3 and 4. I also think our midfield is easily better than Lazio’s and a lot of the other teams in Pot 2 this year.

winning level not so sure. But to be competitive and have a chance to win even games against teams in Pot 1 I think we do. Either way having Dougie there doesn’t shift the needle. 

4 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

We’re not selling any of our most important players unless we absolutely have to as the last resort. 
Honestly I can’t see Dougie going anywhere in the near future. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Luiz will be sold. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If dougie is sold its because he wont sign a new deal and Selling him helps us with FFP and protects club from losing his value next summed when he only has 12 months left- where we can risk losing him on a free which would be a complete disaster.

But i just dobt see why luiz would want to go. If we missed CL then i would get it but why go now? It doesnt make much sense to me if he did

Depends where he goes. 

12 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Depends what you mean for Champions League Level Doggy?

id say our midfield is better than most teams in pots 3 and 4. I also think our midfield is easily better than Lazio’s and a lot of the other teams in Pot 2 this year.

winning level not so sure. But to be competitive and have a chance to win even games against teams in Pot 1 I think we do. Either way having Dougie there doesn’t shift the needle. 

Kamara, Tielemans, McGinn, Ramsey, Morgan, Barkley

Kamara - Won't be back until the new year

McGinn - We know how good he is, never played at CL

Ramsey - Where is he at with injuries? Doesn't play CM under Emery

Rogers - Fine signing, but we have nothing long term to know how he will do.

Barkley - Can he maintain his renaissance of form?

Looks a lot better with Luiz on that list, but we  probably need a signing of quality in there. With CL and PL games, we can't gamble on form or fitness.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I have been saying it for a while. Finishing 4th and qualifying for Champions League is not the mythical unicorn that some people seem to think it is. 

It's true.  You've been saying it for a while.

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I have been saying it for a while. Finishing 4th and qualifying for Champions League is not the mythical unicorn that some people seem to think it is. 

A England call up on the other hand...

Euro 2020: England splash about in the swimming pool on inflatable unicorns  after Ukraine win | Daily Mail Online

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Teale's 'tache said:

No offence, but you seem to suggest we will sell him nearly every window, are you on commission or something?

200.gif?cid=790b7611n6gsytib56onjcyah4xj

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Italian teams are tramps.

Won't pay what is respectable for Luiz or Cash. Want them on the cheap it seems.

If you ain't got the asking price, ****.off.

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Italian teams are tramps.

Won't pay what is respectable for Luiz or Cash. Want them on the cheap it seems.

If you ain't got the asking price, ****.off.

Owl Omg GIF

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Looks a lot better with Luiz on that list, but we  probably need a signing of quality in there. With CL and PL games, we can't gamble on form or fitness.

So you’re basically saying the whole midfield should is iffy and have doubts on every player lol

mate none have played Champs league no but what midfielders had on Borussia’s side bar a couple, Lazio’s even more so. When our midfield is firing and humming they can compete with the best. Buendia will be back, Kamara is an issue but I’m sure will be replaced. All the others will be fit come pre season. 

35 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

But all jokes aside you’re right that we do need to add more experience. Who I’m not sure but definitely a DM like Ugarte on loan and maybe Baena that along with Barkley and potentially Guendouzi we’d have a cracking list. 

I love Dougie but I think we can invest in players with higher ceilings and I’ve said that previously when it was mooted he had admirers for 100m. Just my opinion and everyone’s will differ x

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, striker said:

Have watched Koop several times and never been impressed. No thanks.

I've watched Koopmeiners plenty of times.......yes please.

If we do end up selling Dougie, he's a more than able replacement, and versatile with it.

Edited by Dillon66

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Looking/Talking at any number of players, doesn’t mean one of our best players is going the other way.

Isn't it strange that the only rumors that came out of this visit relate to Luiz and Weston? Also rather specific figure of 6.5m Euro salary that he would be happy with.

I do believe they had talks about Luiz with Juventus (it doesn't mean it will neccasary happen obviously).

Luiz is a proper decent footballer but not to the point that I will lose any sleep if he goes.

Imo he was way too inconsistent this season.

• Like 3

Â