Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Juve haven’t made a profit since 2017, they made a 90m euro loss recently. They aren’t in a position to make big deals. 

Lots of clubs net spend on players and post losses. Villa too.

Posted (edited)

I honestly think Dougie will either leave or sign a new contract and stay 

#FFITK

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 2

Just now, Follyfoot said:

I honestly think Dougie will either leave or sign a new contract and stay 

Yeah, I think it'll either rain or be sunny or be cloudy today.

Or snow.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, useless said:

I look at Juve fans' comments, they seem to think this is common practice for them, they will have a target - in this instant seemingly Koopmeiners, and to help with the negotiations for that target, they will pay agents, and certain media to leak stories that they have someone else lined up as an alternative, I guess to give the impression that they aren't desperate for their main actual target perhaps, so won't overpay. It's possible that that's what's happening with the Luiz to Juventus rumours

I wouldn't be surprised if this is what is happening, but also I'm not sure we'd allow/be happy for our name and player to be used for these kinds of shenanigans, so I just wonder if we see a benefit to ourselves somewhere in this i.e. we have an interest in a Juventus player and allowing this to play out kind of smooths any potential deal with Juve.

14 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

but also I'm not sure we'd allow/be happy for our name and player to be used for these kinds of shenanigans

But how do you stop it? Yes we could come out and deny it but you’d then have to come out and deny every rumour about every player, we’d need a whole dept just to deny every rumour doing the circles.  It’s just appear talk so the club just ignore it like with every other rumour.  Until something actually happens I don’t think the club cares what’s out in the ether.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Maybe but it wont be for 40m our owners have shown they are not that dumb.

Personally if they are interested and dougie wants to go we should be demanding chiesa not mckennie

He signed the deal when he had a year left and was a reserve under shithead. He had all power in that contract talk

• Like 1

Thank god for google translator.  Just read a load from Juve fans on this and none of them believe it, they just think it’s tosh news.  They don’t think they have the money for difference in valuation.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He signed the deal when he had a year left and was a reserve under shithead. He had all power in that contract talk

It was reported at the time that there was no release clause. So we won’t be selling for less than the market value, if he’s being sold at all that is. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Thank god for google translator.  Just read a load from Juve fans on this and none of them believe it, they just think it’s tosh news.  They don’t think they have the money for difference in valuation.

Honestly, I think the finances in this makes it a non starter 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, useless said:

I look at Juve fans' comments, they seem to think this is common practice for them, they will have a target - in this instant seemingly Koopmeiners, and to help with the negotiations for that target, they will pay agents, and certain media to leak stories that they have someone else lined up as an alternative, I guess to give the impression that they aren't desperate for their main actual target perhaps, so won't overpay. It's possible that that's what's happening with the Luiz to Juventus rumours

Have had a swap with Koopmeiners for Calafiori already rejected 

Edit: was in Italian and mine is shit. Was Calafiori and Koopmeiners bids rejected

Edited by Zatman

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Wouldn't believe Juventus fans, sure people got worked up on here because they didnt rate Bentancur when we were linked 😝

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, nick76 said:

But how do you stop it? Yes we could come out and deny it but you’d then have to come out and deny every rumour about every player, we’d need a whole dept just to deny every rumour doing the circles.  It’s just appear talk so the club just ignore it like with every other rumour.  Until something actually happens I don’t think the club cares what’s out in the ether.

I think you can come out and deny it if you think it is causing you issues, so not every player, just when it becomes a problem, you could also have a polite word with Juve and ask them to knock it off, you could threaten to link their players all over the place if you wanted, not even to us specifically, anybody, but obviously, I think it's better to try and keep good relationships with as many clubs as you can in case you want to deal with them later down the line.

It's all a big game, clubs, agents, players, media, etc. Fortunately, we have an experienced operator in Monchi, he seems more willing to 'play the game' than Purslow was, I think he's happy for certain links to get out there if he can then use them to our advantage.

Â