Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 hour ago, RichW said:

Sky Sports reporting about Juventus interest in Douglas Luiz now. Expect the rumours to ramp up as the month goes on as you'd imagine the club would want any deal done in June. 

But apparently they have very little money to spend, it’s just not going to happen.  Just either Juventus trying to influence a player to try and get a really cheap deal which won’t work or Dougie’s agent leaking stories to try and get a bigger contract at Villa.  I think it’s the latter and Dougie will sign a new contract in the next month or so for us.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Juve have major, major financial problems. I cannot see this happening at all unless the player is keen to move or his agent is using speculation to get a new contract. 

Just said the same thing! This link makes no sense at all, hence why I think it’s for a new contract with us.

• Like 1

Tbh this news story isn't bad for any of the parties. Even villa can use it to flush out any interest from teams with real money. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Tbh this news story isn't bad for any of the parties. Even villa can use it to flush out any interest from teams with real money. 

Yeah, cash rich Blooze will come in with an offer, show him around Small Heath and their new plot of land. Pitch all the plans to him and a brand deal for Doug to the face of Doug’s Veggie Burgers.. when fans tweet him DVB, they just after the the 10% discount. “Don’t worry about it”

mate 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

Has Doug said he won't sign a new contract or that he wants to leave? In which case, selling now with 2 years left on his contract might be smart
Has Emery said he is happy to cash in? He says he's the heartbeat of the team, but always seemed to be frustrated with his too. 

If either of the above is true, then Dougie will leave.Otherwise massively unlikely.

The noise is coming from Italy, where media often do reports for clubs (as they do in England). It's very one-sided - McKennie is a world beater (with a year left) and Luiz is a decent player! 
Sky reporting it is irrelvant - they know nothing, and just spout what they can. This means they can say "As previously reported on Sky" - they should be made to list everything they got wrong too!!!

6 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Too much smoke now without fire. Definitely his agent pushing this hard, as either a negotiating position or wanting to move.

He has 2 years left on his contract - his agent will want "160k+". We probably aren't willing to go there. His whole fee is now amortised, so technically he will be a full book profit if sold now (same as selling Ramsey). Also much rather sell him to Juve than a Premier League team.

Although I love Dougie, Our best holding midfield 2 on balance is Kamara (destroyer), Tielemans (passing / ability to move the ball under pressure). Then we have Mcginn and Barkley as backups who can play that role.

I think this is what it is, contract negotiations. Luiz is on half what Kamara and Tielemans is on, his agent is creating noise to get him parity with out other midfielders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Juventus are one of the biggest clubs in the world, let's not deny that. They finished 3rd and also have Champions League.

He has 2 years left on his contract.

They also have no money.  Not sure how they can afford Luiz even at 30m

9 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Yeah, cash rich Blooze will come in with an offer, show him around Small Heath and their new plot of land. Pitch all the plans to him and a brand deal for Doug to the face of Doug’s Veggie Burgers.. when fans tweet him DVB, they just after the the 10% discount. “Don’t worry about it”

mate 

"We plan on achieving our goal of League Two within 12 months"...

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, nick76 said:

But apparently they have very little money to spend, it’s just not going to happen.  Just either Juventus trying to influence a player to try and get a really cheap deal which won’t work or Dougie’s agent leaking stories to try and get a bigger contract at Villa.  I think it’s the latter and Dougie will sign a new contract in the next month or so for us.

That could be true. I was ignoring the rumours at first but seems they ain't going away so there might be some truth to it. Still think Arsenal could end up coming in for him if Villa are indeed open to selling but think they would rather sell abroad. 

I'm sure it won't take long to come out that there's no substance to these rumours.

I’ll wait to see what happens but what a shite window we have had so far if Doug leaves and is replaced by Weston bloody McKennie. Doug out and McKennie and Barkley in definitely makes us weaker. This is why it’s hard to be optimistic currently, we shouldn’t be selling Doug period.

• Haha 3

Just now, Leeroy said:

I’ll wait to see what happens but what a shite window we have had so far if Doug leaves and is replaced by Weston bloody McKennie. Doug out and McKennie and Barkley in definitely makes us weaker. This is why it’s hard to be optimistic currently, we shouldn’t be selling Doug period.

Window isn’t open yet to be shit

This just seems like nonsense to me, it's a dreadful deal no matter how it's structured. McKennie isn't good enough to replace Luiz, he'd be a squad option at best so we'd still need two top CMs to come in.

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

They also have no money.  Not sure how they can afford Luiz even at 30m

I think the assumption is that they sell Chiesa, McKennie, and someone else and that puts them in profit for this season's figures even buying Luiz at 60m.

They'd be screwed next year of course. Kicking the can that little bit further down the road.

Football's sustainability rules encouraging them to be unsustainable. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, useless said:

I look at Juve fans' comments, they seem to think this is common practice for them, they will have a target - in this instant seemingly Koopmeiners, and to help with the negotiations for that target, they will pay agents, and certain media to leak stories that they have someone else lined up as an alternative, I guess to give the impression that they aren't desperate for their main actual target perhaps, so won't overpay. It's possible that that's what's happening with the Luiz to Juventus rumours

Maybe we should buy Koopmeiners and really piss on their chips.......he's a great player.

2 hours ago, RichW said:

Sky Sports reporting about Juventus interest in Douglas Luiz now. Expect the rumours to ramp up as the month goes on as you'd imagine the club would want any deal done in June. 

It's pointless link. Juve can't afford him surely. Spending 70/80m on a player not happening 

9 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

If he stays, I'll be happy, if he goes for upwards of 80mil, I'll be happy as I trust who we have in charge to spend the money wisely. 

Agree with the first part, the second part I'd amend to 'confident' rather than happy. 

Â