Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

4 hours ago, PaulC said:

Kamara is the most important because we don't have anybody else to plsy his role. I agree Tielemans was better than Luiz in the final bit of the season. Over the whole season no. 

I think...if an elite side was in equal need of a number 6 and number 8...and only Kamara and Douglas were available...they'd take Kamara.

And I love Douglas! I just think Kamara is borderline elite.

Tielemans is just such a clever footballer.

31 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I think...if an elite side was in equal need of a number 6 and number 8...and only Kamara and Douglas were available...they'd take Kamara.

And I love Douglas! I just think Kamara is borderline elite.

Tielemans is just such a clever footballer.

Douglas was a clear head above Kamara this season. I think Kamara regressed from last season to be honest. Back then I was of the opinion he was our best player, but that's flipped on its head now.

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I don't want to sell anyone. But if we had to, my big money player order is...

Duran, Luiz, Torres, Kamara, Ramsey, Bailey, Watkins, Martinez.

What's yours?

A bit surprised you have Torres that high with how Unai is having us play out from the back. 

If they are all sellable (e.g. no injuries currently), my list would look like

Duran (shouldn't really be on this list), Ramsey, Kamara, Bailey, Luiz, Martinez, Torres, Watkins I'd also say that I'd be a lot more open to offers for Konsa too -- he'd be before Kamara on my list tbh. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Pretty hard to say because is Duran a big money sale? Because he was £15m plus £3m add ons from memory so we still have £10m+ left to amortise as of today so depends what we could get for him. If £25m then not big money but if it was £40m+ then it would be.

Torres we wouldn’t make much head room after amortisation.

Of course we would...because we'd only sell him for £70m+. That'll be £40m into the coffers.

We won't selling Duran for less than £40m. He will be a big money sale or he'll stay.

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Kamara very unlikely to have interest because of his ACL.

So my big money sale would be a combination of players rather than one individually with Duran, Carlos, Digne or Moreno, Cash, Archer ( and other fringe players ). Then if we were stuck still or it wasn’t enough then in order it would be Ramsey, Rogers, Tielemans, Konsa, Mings, Bailey, McGinn, Luiz, Watkins, Martinez.

Thats assuming the amortisation kills any upside of selling Torres, Diaby or Buendia.  Kamara injured rules him of being sold imo.

I think that’s captured everyone.  Again, I’d only like to focus on selling the players I put in the combination and not the next category.  That should give us some decent headroom for what we need this summer imo.

Big money sales is all I'm interested in. Obviously, everyone would sell Tielemans and Mings before Martinez.

So your order is Ramsey, Bailey, Luiz, Watkins, Martinez. Cool. No chance I'd sell Bailey before Luiz after that season he's just had.

Add in Kamara, Duran and Torres if you like.

4 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

A bit surprised you have Torres that high with how Unai is having us play out from the back. 

If they are all sellable (e.g. no injuries currently), my list would look like

Duran (shouldn't really be on this list), Ramsey, Kamara, Bailey, Luiz, Martinez, Torres, Watkins I'd also say that I'd be a lot more open to offers for Konsa too -- he'd be before Kamara on my list tbh. 

Game of opinions.

Duran on there because he will get bids of £40m+ IMO.

Torres is incredible at some things and not great at others. I see the others as being more difficult to replace.

I don't want to see any go! Fingers crossed!

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Of course we would...because we'd only sell him for £70m+. That'll be £40m into the coffers.

We won't selling Duran for less than £40m. He will be a big money sale or he'll stay.

Big money sales is all I'm interested in. Obviously, everyone would sell Tielemans and Mings before Martinez.

So your order is Ramsey, Bailey, Luiz, Watkins, Martinez. Cool. No chance I'd sell Bailey before Luiz after that season he's just had.

Add in Kamara, Duran and Torres if you like.

Yeah my big sales are based on more likely valuations imo and clubs being interested at that price range.  I don’t think we would be getting £70m+ offer for Torres although I think he’s worth it but we aren’t getting bids of double his value last year.  My assessment was based on what I think are more likely valuations, not hopes we have on valuations.  Just like I don’t include Kamara because nobody is coming in for him this summer.  As for Luiz over Bailey, it’s a fine line but that’s how important he is for the team and Emery’s main man.

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Doug is the best midfielder at the club.

His range of passing, vision, technical ability and ability to escape a press is as good as just about anyone in the league, he works hard, chips in with goals and is improving season on season - I wouldn't sell him unless the numbers were absolutely ridiculous. 

Is the correct answer.

14 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Kamara is so underrated on here it's untrue.

Luiz is our best midfielder but Kamara is our most important outfield player. 

In the same way Rodri isn't City's best player but he's their most important. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

This….he’a absolutely crucial and I expect a ppg analysis since his injury would  clearly support this. He’s the last player I’d want to see leave

Luiz contract expires in 2026 do we really want to risk being in a psoitiin with 12 months next summer? I dont as if we lose him on a free that would be a disaster for us [see chelsea now with gallagher]

We need to offer him a new deal if he refuses then let him go this summer. Personally think he is going nowhere now we have CL and will sign. If we missed out on CL i think there was a possibility he would leave

59 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

In your opinion. Many would argue Rodri is City's best player. He's elite at many things.

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Kamara is so underrated on here it's untrue.

This, it’s like the defensive side of his game goes unnoticed, he cuts out so many balls that come across the box. This has been magnified to me recently given the amount of goals we have conceded in these situations. He also distributes the ball quicker imo, which makes us more of an attacking threat. To be fair Tielemans does this when fit but doesn’t have the defensive side of the game. I’m not knocking him as it’s not what he was bought in for. We don’t get beat 6-2 on aggregate against Olympiakos if Kamara is playing imo. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

In your opinion. Many would argue Rodri is City's best player. He's elite at many things.

Dont forget grealish 

:trollface:

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

It’s the DM way

all the donkey work with little fanfare 

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â