Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

On 19/12/2023 at 12:51, lexicon said:

Yes, but our best chances of success are by him having the best players available for him to do his job and we're not getting someone better than Luiz. 

And our defence was supposed to fall apart without Mings according to some.

I am not the slightest concerned if Luiz goes as long as Emery and Monchi is here.

Hopefully we can keep him though.

3 hours ago, Pinebro said:

I am not the slightest concerned if Luiz goes as long as Emery and Monchi is here.

While the ability to adapt and deal with his absence is great, surely we'd still be better off if we had him available? 

4 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Mings is an excellent defender yes (and our defence has definitely regressed this season our xGA was a little over 1.2 last year it's over 1.4 this year. We are just lucky we have 3 other top quality CBs who'd start for 18/20 teams in the prem) but Luiz is legitimately a top 5 player in his position/role in world football and there is no feasible way for us to replace him without having to upgrade half our other positions too. It's not just oh we can bring in Pau torres like it was with mings. 

He’s got a lot of credit in the bank so I think an off night is due. 

But this game a reminder that if someone is willing to offer silly money (100M+), it should be considered because only the Messi’s of the world really should have that kind of valuation. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â