Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

13 hours ago, Rich192 said:

Some absolute nonsense on this page. You can not want Grealish back because you haven’t forgiven him for leaving, but to say he wouldn’t be the best player in our team, or even get in to our team is absolute biased nonsense I’m afraid. 

Anyway, to get back on topic, Douglas is the man, and I’m concerned that he’s not starting tonight! 

So would you drop McGinn, Ramsey, Diaby or Watkins ?

I know I certainly would not.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Wanted to post that word for word last night but fell asleep. 100% this. Wouldn't take 100m for him at the moment, as he's so crucial to the way we want to play.

Pundits went on about McGinn being our talisman last night but Dougie is the heart of our team and absolutely changed the game when he came on. He's pure class and our best outfield player by a mile.

He's  always had swagger, but he's  added much more consistency, discipline, focus, fitness. Just makes things happen 

22 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

He's  always had swagger, but he's  added much more consistency, discipline, focus, fitness. Just makes things happen 

and Composure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

So would you drop McGinn, Ramsey, Diaby or Watkins ?

I know I certainly would not.

Easily McGinn or Ramsey 

That being said I wouldn't take him back because of the way he left. 

Edited by MotoMkali

On 05/10/2023 at 08:41, Tom13 said:

Have they had a squad announcement this week and he's been left out again? Or is it not announced yet?

Yes, they announced early on 23rd Sept. He's not in :(.

https://www.cbf.com.br/selecao-brasileira/noticias/selecao-masculina/fernando-diniz-convoca-selecao-brasileira-para-jogos-das-eliminatorias?csrt=48308958927948763

Goalkeepers:

Alisson - Liverpool (ENG)

Ederson – Manchester City (ING)

Lucas Perri - Botafogo

Sides:

Renan Lodi - Olympique (FRA)

Caio Henrique - Monaco (FRA)

Danilo - Juventus (ITA)

Vanderson - Monaco (FRA)

Defenders:

Bremer - Juventus (ITA)

Gabriel Magalhães - Arsenal (ING)

Marquinhos - PSG (FRA)

Nino - Fluminense

Midfielders:

André - Fluminense

Bruno Guimarães - Newcastle (ING)

Casemiro - Manchester United (ENG)

Gerson - Flamengo

Raphael Veiga - Palmeiras

Attackers:

Gabriel Jesus - Arsenal (ENG)

Vinicius Junior - Real Madrid (ESP)

Richarlison - Tottenham (ENG)

Rodrygo - Real Madrid (ESP)

Neymar - Al-Hilal (Saudi Arabia)

Matheus Cunha - Wolverhampton (ING)

Raphinha - Barcelona 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Sad 1

So do we need to secure Dougie to a long term deal again, as he is probably at a point where he is our best player now? Certainly one of the most important players in this squad. I do often get to the summer window thinking we have seen the last of him.
Him and Martinez I’m nearly always resigned to losing every summer now (For a lot of money). 

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Absolutely baffling!

It’s quite mad. You normally think of the Brazil sides being put together by smart coaches based on talent. They don’t mess about when it comes to picking the best players. But leaving Dougie out makes me think that they are a bit thick… I wonder if Ancelotti will do the same when he takes over… 

Edited by Tayls

42 minutes ago, Tayls said:

So do we need to secure Dougie to a long term deal again, as he is probably at a point where he is our best player now? Certainly one of the most important players in this squad. I do often get to the summer window thinking we have seen the last of him.
Him and Martinez I’m nearly always resigned to losing every summer now (For a lot of money). 

He only signed a new deal last November.  

So he must have another 3 years left on his contract?

2 hours ago, Tayls said:

It’s quite mad. You normally think of the Brazil sides being put together by smart coaches based on talent. They don’t mess about when it comes to picking the best players. But leaving Dougie out makes me think that they are a bit thick… I wonder if Ancelotti will do the same when he takes 

The one country where they have plenty of talent is Brazil. Paqeta is an extremely good player. Guimares has come back into form . And then they also pick some Brazil based players as well. 

Dougie is their equal but not better than them . And thats the problem . 

On 06/10/2023 at 19:46, ender4 said:

He only signed a new deal last November.  

So he must have another 3 years left on his contract?

It feels like he has stepped up another level since then though! 

A rest will do him good I think. His decision making looked a little slower today than usual.

Really wished he would have aimed his shots just a tiny bit better today and he would have scored.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â