Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

The finish for the goal was easy, but he made that goal 30 seconds earlier and 70 yards away.

The touch and body feint just outside our box to beat the press was excellent, then he's away and carrying the ball up the pitch.

He's a very intelligent player, calm on the ball and uses it well, but i think he also has a bit of drive and bite he doesnt always get credit for; he's not going to be thundering into challenges all the time, but he has no problem challenging for headers and putting his foot in when needed.

• Like 2

Strolled it.

With his talent he should be getting 5-6 goals a season so I like that one where he just arrives in the box and taps it in. 

Hopefully with Kamara back soon he can get some more licence in games to do that when we're going to dominate possession. He was half a yard sharper than Bournemouth midfielders today.

38 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Stepped up last 2 games without Kamara. How he can't get in the Brazil squad is puzzling.

It’s the Gerrard hangover. He’ll be back in that squad. Superb player, and really showing his ability to step up with Kamara out.

• Like 1

Every pundit, every fan & suppose every coach & manager talks about how important the spine is in a team, so with Martinez in goal, Ollie Watkins up front, Kamara in midfield, would it be fair to add Dougie Luiz in the spine of our team ??? 

5 hours ago, KentVillan said:

It’s the Gerrard hangover. He’ll be back in that squad. Superb player, and really showing his ability to step up with Kamara out.

Yes I think he will too. He's not your typical glamorous Brazilian player but technically he's showing he's one of the best at what he does. Still so young as well.

5 hours ago, KentVillan said:

No it’s not. Not everything hangs on Gerrard. The manager who has taken over Brazil, was the manager at younger age levels he’s selected a lot from there. He’s not picked Martinelli from Arsenal, going for younger players with less game time (Victor Roque).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Strolled it.

With his talent he should be getting 5-6 goals a season so I like that one where he just arrives in the box and taps it in. 

Hopefully with Kamara back soon he can get some more licence in games to do that when we're going to dominate possession. He was half a yard sharper than Bournemouth midfielders today.

This is already his best goals in a season return

Â