Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

It’s a shame if we lose him but he’s not irreplaceable. I imagine 25m, plus a couple of million in add ons will do it. No point keeping an unhappy player who walks for free in 9 months. 

If this was 3 weeks ago i'd be very happy to cash in with time to bring in a replacement, but we're leaving ourselves incredibly short in the midfield.

We needed an extra midfielder as it was, it looks like we've got that with Dendoncker, but if Luiz leaves then we will be back to where we was in terms of numbers, in other words if Luiz is leaving then we need to two midfielders including Dendoncker, so I don't think we will actually allow him to leave unless we have another midfield lined up to come in.

The options aren't just "Cash in on him now" and "lose him for free in the summer".

There is another transfer window before his contract runs up, and although we would get less than what we'd get now we would have time to look for an adequate replacement.

Sure, there is the risk he might get injured, but that's less of a risk than going on through the season without one of our best two midfielders.

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

You realise we only have seven or eight hours to find a replacement right?

I imagine his replacement is Dendoncker. Also we’re a business, we’re not going to turn down 25m plus for someone who for clearly wants to go and will also walk for free in 9 months.  

Edited by ferguson1

Shame to lose. Would sell at this point - don't want an unhappy player and one of the few times we can make a small profit on a player.

Just sad that he's wanted by the club at the top of the league and can't get more than an odd start or a sub for VIlla. Typical.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WooJung said:

The options aren't just "Cash in on him now" and "lose him for free in the summer".

There is another transfer window before his contract runs up, and although we would get less than what we'd get now we would have time to look for an adequate replacement.

Sure, there is the risk he might get injured, but that's less of a risk than going on through the season without one of our best two midfielders.

It's looking like the brass are already writing this season off.

Survival mode now.

**** pathetic. 

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

If I were Dougie I'd want to get far far away from this dumpster fire.

Watch him become an elite player.

He could become an elite player...but he could also end up spending even more time on the bench than he does here. If he goes, it will be interesting to follow his career.

If he wants to leave then the sensible thing to do would be to sell him now. He’s not starting all games anyway, and he’s not going to contribute much if he’s unhappy. Put the money towards the Gerrard sacking fund. 

Am I the only person that thinks he's become incredibly overrated all of a sudden, he's decent enough and would be more than happy enough to keep him, and the fact that a team like Arsenal wants him has to mean something, but when everyone is at their best I don't think he would even get in our team, Ramsey and McGinn are both far better 'eights' than him at their best, and Kamara is a better DM.

It's a shame to lose him, but not the big disaster that it's being made out to be, will probably just be a squad player at Arsenal, he really isn't that great.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Am I the only person that thinks he's become incredibly overrated all of a sudden

Maybe, but he’s our best midfielder and we’re about to lose him because the manager insists on playing (and giving the armband to!) a player who, as much as I love the fella, just isn’t anywhere near Luiz’ level.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Am I the only person that thinks he's become incredibly overrated all of a sudden, he's decent enough and would be more than happy enough to keep him, and the fact that a team like Arsenal wants him has to mean something, but when everyone is at their best I don't think he would even get in our team, Ramsey and McGinn are both far better 'eights' than him at their best, and Kamara is a better DM.

It's a shame to lose him, but not the big disaster that it's being made out to be, will probably just be a squad player at Arsenal, he really isn't that great.

Better 8s they may be (i dont think they are)...but better 6/8s that Gerrard wants to play they are not. 

They are fundamentally incapable of that role.

There is no way he should be dropped in place of either of them, let alone both of them.

Him at his best (see the highlight reels from him playing as one of our "8s" last season) is better than anyone else in the squad.

It isn't a disaster, but it could have been avoided if Gerrard wasn't an idiot. He's the only person that thinks it was a good idea to sub him off against West Ham, and the only one that thought it was a good idea not to start him vs arsenal.

Edited by MrBlack

What does Doug offer to Villa that is so vital?

like we going to get paid a fair wack for a player who doesn’t want to play for us…

we will not get relegated, because he’s not playing, we going to get relegated because we have an inept manager and 10 other player under preforming… Doug alone isn’t going to save Villa. 

Fix the other players form and fix our tactics and we’ll be fine  

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

What does Doug offer to Villa that is so vital?

like we going to get paid a fair wack for a player who doesn’t want to play for us…

we will not get relegated, because he’s not playing, we going to get relegated because we have an inept manager and 10 other player under preforming… Doug alone isn’t going to save Villa. 

Fix the other players form and fix our tactics and we’ll be fine  

Well we're an injury away from playing Nakamba right now.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â