Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

All this talk of sell if he's not signing. Maybe the interested clubs are bothered paying the fee when they know they could get him for free next summer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

All this talk of sell if he's not signing. Maybe the interested clubs are bothered paying the fee when they know they could get him for free next summer.

Be really surprised if we get over £20m.

38 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

As good as gone and it's been obvious for the last 18 months really.

Been a good servant good moments don't begrudge him a move but hes been coasting for months. Never struck me as a guy to settle and build a life in Brum.

I wish he was as settled with his life in Brum as he is in Alisha’s bum 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

That's why we may have problems selling a number of our players, many of them only have one year left if IIRC.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If Luiz has no interest in signing a new deal then time to sell.

Surely we've been asking him the question for last year so I assume he's given the answer to the club by now.

Season is over, he's not on international duty and likes of Cash and Emi have signed new deals in last few months so clear to me he's decided after three years it's time for a fresh challenge.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Part of me agrees, the other part thinks we were turning down £35m just a few months ago, will clubs who want him really drop their valuation by nearly 50% because of a few months?

Certainly possible, January bumps the prices and this is our last chance to get proper money for him. But I kind of think £25-30m is very possible still

25 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Didn't we sign him for that amount?

Would be poor if we made a loss on him considering he's won Brazil caps while playing for us and for all his flaws played over 100 prem games in his time.

I think someone will come in for him for that fee at some point in next month as in a slower league he'd be a really good player especially if a team plays a double pivot.

Stick him in Brighton team or even Leeds and he'd look very good I reckon but I can't see him being interested in playing for those clubs considering the Roma link.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Would be poor if we made a loss on him considering he's won Brazil caps while playing for us and for all his flaws played over 100 prem games in his time.

I think someone will come in for him for that fee at some point in next month as in a slower league he'd be a really good player especially if a team plays a double pivot.

Stick him in Brighton team or even Leeds and he'd look very good I reckon but I can't see him being interested in playing for those clubs considering the Roma link.

£15m we signed him for and Man City had a buyout at £20m (£25m?) if they activated it within 2 years.

Really hoping Gerrard can say he's sorted the issues in DM, thank Dougie for doing a job there for us - and then sell him the dream on being a leading 8 for us moving forwards.

There's a nice South American contingent here, his girlfriend is contracted to the club and there are minutes here for Dougie.

Playing along side Coutinho must be good for his World Cup hopes too.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We paid £15m for him.

The first year buyback was £25m (which Man City decided he wasn’t worth that to them) and the second year buyback was either £30m or £35m (which Man City also declined to take up at that price).

On 02/06/2022 at 13:04, sparrow1988 said:

Or he's probably happy to run down his contract for a payday?

Seems to be the done thing now.

Mourinho appears to be keen. 

https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Calciomercato/Roma/31-05-2022/roma-obiettivo-centrocampista-douglas-luiz-prima-scelta-440774883591.shtml

Headline there 'Roma want a midfielder: Luiz first choice', couple of mates were taking the piss about us getting Olsen and them taking Luiz 😁 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Or he's probably happy to run down his contract for a payday?

Seems to be the done thing now.

If you're not injury prone and haven't just come back from a long term injury,  I can see why a player would do this. Especially at around Dougies age.

Heck of a gamble on your career earnings if you face a Ben Mee leg breaker though.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â