Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So you think he would be thick enough to.lie about SG telling him that?

Come on now.

Sounds like the sort of thing you might be told off the record, if the source trusts you. They sure as shit won’t trust you again if you break that confidence. 

6 minutes ago, Awol said:

Sounds like the sort of thing you might be told off the record, if the source trusts you. They sure as shit won’t trust you again if you break that confidence. 

Gerrard far too switched on to tell a journalist he hardly knows something like that.

They never seen them in person any more. It's all zoom for the journos since covid.

Preece misspoke.

7 minutes ago, Awol said:

There is NOTHING that can be told to a journalist off the record. 

It's their actual job to obtain information and publish it. 

Unless it's barred by the official secrets act they will publish anything they hear that they think is news worthy. 

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So you think he would be thick enough to lie about SG telling him that?

Come on now.

As always, the journos are full of shit scale usually swings on a pendulum of how much we like what they are saying.

Yes they do often talk shite, but sometimes it actually is what it is 

Go back through the Jack Grealish thread and look at how much " shite " the journos were speaking.

Yes I do. He works for the Birmingham Mail. You genuinely believe Steven Gerrard has told Ashley Preece that Douglas won’t sign a contract? 
Preece was adamant that Jack was staying btw. 

1 hour ago, robby b said:

We still have a fax machine?  😮

ALL football transfers are conducted by fax. 

The FA can hardly claim to have found an email sitting on the machine 4 hours after deadline when a top 6 club want to make a late signing now can they?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Yes I do. He works for the Birmingham Mail. You genuinely believe Steven Gerrard has told Ashley Preece that Douglas won’t sign a contract? 
Preece was adamant that Jack was staying btw. 

Possibly miscommunication or misworded etc then.

Basically, I highly doubt he would stick his neck out to ruin a crucial channel at the club.

Could have been " leaked " to show people that we aren't the ones dossing about with his contract and it's been on HIM?

I don't know.

Re Jack, my point is, there was smoke all over the place about deals being in place, verbal agreements etc to which most on here ( including myself ) had a great time trashing journos about which eventually turned out to be true. ( Even worse than we thought )

Didn't Gerrard himself say " There's no smoke witbout fire " ?

If he has spoken out of turn, I assume he'll be reprimanded and/or cut off.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

There is NOTHING that can be told to a journalist off the record. 

It's their actual job to obtain information and publish it. 

Unless it's barred by the official secrets act they will publish anything they hear that they think is news worthy. 

Sure, unless they are intelligent enough to focus on building long term relationships - not a bad idea if you’re a ‘reporter’ focused on the doings of a single club. Shitting on a relationship with the new manager seems like a very brave strategy…

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Possibly miscommunication or misworded etc then.

Basically, I highly doubt he would stick his neck out to ruin a crucial channel at the club.

Could have been " leaked " to show people that we aren't the ones dossing about with his contract and it's been on HIM?

I don't know.

Re Jack, my point is, there was smoke all over the place about deals being in place, verbal agreements etc to which most on here ( including myself ) had a great time trashing journos about which eventually turned out to be true. ( Even worse than we thought )

Didn't Gerrard himself say " There's no smoke witbout fire " ?

If he has spoken out of turn, I assume he'll be reprimanded and/or cut off.

The big one being turned out to be true. And he had no idea about any of it. 
There’s definitely smoke, Percy has confirmed it, but Preece has overstepped the mark imo

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He was behind Tevez and Mascherano dodgy deal to West Ham

There’s that and more recently he’s been a big part of Everton‘s transfer policy. Very close to Moshiri apparently. 

11 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

If we sell, anyone but spuds. The way they insulted us with thier bids for grealish, we should never entertain doing business with levy

Time that by 3 for the appropriate amount of see you next Tuesday tax

7 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

If we sell, anyone but spuds. The way they insulted us with thier bids for grealish, we should never entertain doing business with levy

I’m puzzled to why the press is linking Spurs to DMs?

they have Højbjerg, Winks and Skipp. All pretty good. If they need any midfielder from villa it be McGinn

Its blindingly obvious he won't sign a new contract, why else would we let him get to this stage on his contract? We have shown with other players our policy is to sign players to long term contracts. I would guess the SG comment is to try and ramp the pressure up on Douglas to sign or to leave. My thought is he will do what lots of players are doing and run his contract out then sign for who he wants at very high wages. 

Arsenal and Spurs are pissing in the wind , they will never meet his wage demands, maybe Newcastle might, they are desperate but what sort of fee could we expect, it's won't be high if his wages are going to huge. Its a bit of a mess tbh but it was highly predictable.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â