Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

24 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Does Man City buy back clause end tonight?

I was wondering about the clause. Surely if we had any common sense about us we would have at least insisted that it had to be activated some time before the start of the season so we can plan with some certainty.

For all we know they could come in now and take him back leaving us with no time to replace him.

Or imagine if we were in the position where we are doing unexpectedly well in the league and so Man City decide to recall him in the January window just to throw our season off again. 

Edited by LondonLax

4 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I was wondering about the clause. Surely if we had any common sense about us we would have at least insisted that it had to be activated some time before the start of the season so we can plan with some certainty.

For all we know they could come in now and take him back leaving us with no time to replace him.

Or imagine if we were in the position where we are doing unexpectedly well in the league and so Man City decide to recall him in the January window just to throw our season off again. 

Doesn't he have to agree to that too? On the other hand, they can probably put up a few million reasons for him. Not that I think this will happen.

Not one for the headlines, but what a player he is. Superb. Maybe he should've ran with the ball instead of trying to reach it with his head for their first goal, but apart from that he was quite brilliant in this game. Again.

8 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Does Man City buy back clause end tonight?

i would have thought the option ended after the end of the summer transfer window in 2021? (thought the buy option was for two years)

Ends after next year's window based purely on logic.  Signed 1 year ago, during last summer window. 2 year clause, suggests 2 summer windows from when we signed him. 

As I've stated several times, they won't trigger it now, as he won't get a permit for him. There is a slim chance they might try and trigger it in January if hes played most of brazils games in the interim.

Something I’ve noticed, and like a lot, is that he seems to have gone largely unnoticed by everyone outside of Villa. I’ve listened to quite a few football podcasts today to see what the impartial were saying about Villa. Barely any have picked Dougie out as a key player for us. All the talk is of the obvious signings and Jack. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Imagine, Man City spending £35 million in an attempt to derail our title challenge. I guess we would have to be satisfied with a European place instead. 

Nah, he's way too important for the champions league push the following.  

Aston Villa are f****** massive. 

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Something I’ve noticed, and like a lot, is that he seems to have gone largely unnoticed by everyone outside of Villa. I’ve listened to quite a few football podcasts today to see what the impartial were saying about Villa. Barely any have picked Dougie out as a key player for us. All the talk is of the obvious signings and Jack. 

It's due to his position as well, so while we know what he does, the rest of the league might not.

Unless he starts scoring those screamers regularly again.

I'm happy for him to be good enough for us, but no so good that big clubs come sniffing.

As soon as the clause ends I want him to become Thiago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's due to his position as well, so while we know what he does, the rest of the league might not.

I'm happy for him to be good enough for us, but no so good that big clubs come sniffing.

As soon as the clause ends I want him to become Thiago.

It doesn't really matter what pundits and fans think though does it? I'm sure Pep and co are keeping tabs. They might be sufficiently satisfied that he'll be their Fernandinho replacement even though he might not be winning any plaudits.

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That's another thing I like about him. We know he can score them and he knows he can score them, but he's not like lesser players who would be having a crack frequently, trying their luck when it's probably not really on. He's very aware of what is happening.

Yeah - I'd prefer he had an amazing season and we move well up the table.  Who knows - then as a major part of the 'project' he might feel it's worth staying, but if not we'll get decent money for him and be in a position to attract a good replacement.  He's been so key to the upturn in our fortunes since lockdown.

• Like 1

One reason he could come to us was top percentage club signing relative to Villa historical transfers. 

Another reason for not being able to get permit for City besides the above was lack of calendar year Brazil appearances. Now called up might make him eligible for City in future

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

Its a shame he'll be gone back to Man City next summer - Man City almost certainly will activate the buy-back clause as he's good enough for their squad of 25.

Let's enjoy his performances this season.

If he is he is so be it, lets get a good season out of him no use fans stressing over shite like that right now!

On 21/09/2020 at 21:35, bose said:

Love the guy.

We need one more quality CM by his side though.

McGinn is still not back to his best and Hourihane is back up at best.

And now we have that quality CM in Barkley, and McGinn IS back to his best. Sorted. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

One reason he could come to us was top percentage club signing relative to Villa historical transfers. 

Another reason for not being able to get permit for City besides the above was lack of calendar year Brazil appearances. Now called up might make him eligible for City in future

Yes as a top 10 nation if Doug plays 30% of Brazil's matches over 2 years he automatically can get a permit.  Covid halting international football might work against us now he is likely to play fairly regularly as each match would make up a bigger percentage than usual.  Still I don't see any point fretting about it right now.

Â