Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I'm not sure it is all that clear, and I've watched most of our games.

My perspective is Trez looked very good in pre-season, and has shown a lot of tenacity and positional discipline in the Premier League this season. But I've yet to see a great deal in terms of end product - an incisive pass, beating a man in a dangerous area, or testing the keeper with a shot. El Ghazi, for all his faults has done that a fair bit.

I still think he's a decent option for the starting XI in games where we are going to be on the back foot (e.g. Man City away), but I'm struggling to see how people think he has contributed anything yet with the ball. Has he been involved in setting up a single decent chance? Or even a decent long pass? All the good stuff I've seen from him has been slide tackles and lung busting runs, which is great, but it won't guarantee him a starting place.

Contrary to others, I do see some potential there. He seems to have a good personality and a good attitude, and he may grow under this coaching setup.

Definitely one to persist with, but jury still out.

It was a superb bit of play for McGinn’s goal v Burnley to be fair. That was after coming off the bench too. He has it in him. We just need to see if more often.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It was a superb bit of play for McGinn’s goal v Burnley to be fair. That was after coming off the bench too. He has it in him. We just need to see if more often.

Fair point, you're right - had totally forgotten about that.

I think his work rate and attitude will buy him time to prove he can deliver, so I'm sure he'll keep getting opportunities, and hopefully he can find a bit more consistency.

• Like 2

I think he just needs a goal to kick start his confidence, there’s potentially a very good player there. He’s quick and a decent dribbler, and he does tend to get into good positions when we attack. A goal would do him the world or good. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Trez actually covered the most ground on the pitch on Saturday. I think he has been ok but below the standard of a player you’d expect considering the money we spent.

You can definitely see the ability is there though and I think he will get better the more he settles.  Might even be next season before we see the best of him.

This is 'all' he brings to the table so far though, which is useful tactically when needed but we need him to show output. The jury is out whether he has that in his locker at this level, let's hope he does.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Headless chicken!! I think because of his decision making he needs longer than most to settle. I think he is so used to running past shit footballers with the ball and not needing to think that coming to the UK is mars as far as he is concerned. He's a baby mentally in football terms and it shows massively. He's a tryer I'll give him that, but FMe he needs to start getting his head into gear. He got bullied tonight. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â