Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

Never want to see him at RB again. He's never looked good there.

• Poor positioning - him running the ball into the space Bailey was standing in during the first half is a good example. Drive the ball into space or pass to some who is, then overlap.
  • Poor on the ball - passing the ball across the pitch to another defender doesn't count. In the opposition half he turned over a lot.
  • Defends too narrow - anyone with pace simply beats him down the line
  • Poor decision making - 2 schoolboy decisions cost us 2 goals today. It wouldn't matter who was defending inside him, they'd be livid.

You can't convince me that against Ipswich - who attacked almost exclusively down our right - that a Bogarde or Nedelkovic could have done any worse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

No idea what you're talking about here but wouldn't that be a positive? 😂

Ha ha. What a mean is, he doesn’t get tight and engage the attacker. He just backs off and concedes dangerous ground.

I do understand that I am in the minority here. I guess I would like someone to explain to me why they really rate him. I want to really rate him but I just don’t see it.

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Completely his fault the second goal

Really wasn't completely his fault. Konsa gave the ball away deep in the Ipswich half.

Carlos then preceded to not play Delap offside and then put an absolutly pathetic challenge in on Delap who then scored.

Konsa was poor today and has to play centre back.

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Disagree there was still alot to do, he didn't help as Philogene was the ball. But the defending from Carlos was dreadful, you put Konsa in that position & I'm pretty sure Delap does not score. Sooner konsa stays at right centre back the better for the defence & I believe this is a huge problem for us at the moment.

• Like 1

Emery literally started Bogarde for 3 games in a row out of position and somehow people clamouring for Ned who's clearly seen even further down the ladder? What's the logic unless you're saying Emery doesnt know what he's seeing in training. 

16 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

It really really wasn't. He maybe takes a small portion of blame

He's playing as right back. He has to get forward. 

Yeah he loses the ball in an attacking area,with a pretty poor pass. But fullbacks will lose the ball high up the pitch.

It's the midfielders' job to cover whichever fullback is advanced up the pitch.

And even if they hadn't done that, if Carlos doesn't play Delap on side and then have an aneurysm when trying to defend the attack, nobody would even mention Konsa.

Carlos takes the majority of the blame on that one

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah he loses the ball in an attacking area,with a pretty poor pass. But fullbacks will lose the ball high up the pitch.

And even if they hadn't done that, if Carlos doesn't play Delap on side and then have an aneurysm when trying to defend the attack, nobody would even mention Konsa.

I accept Carlos shares the blame by being a big bag of guff.  However for Konsa to attempt a pass which probably comes off 10% of the time and likely to result in an immediate turnover with his position completley exposed.  Especially when he had a very easy pass into space for Philogene which would have continued the attack.

In an ideal world Konsa isn't playing in that position and Carlos isn't on the pitch but clearly Kosta isn't ready or Unai would be playing him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The chance doesn't happen if Konsa doesn't make a terrible pass and gets himself out of position. Yes, Carlos shares the blame but the loss of shape allows Delap to run into acres of space to begin with. Yes, Carlos should not play Delap on, nor get wrong footed. But Ezri's made it easy for Ipswich to counter who did so in three passes. 

1) Look how advanced up the line Ezri is as the ball breaks. It left us badly exposed and very easy for Ipswich. 

spacer.png

2) Ezri is still chasing shadows and can't get anywhere near the Ipswich player before he passes to Delap

spacer.png

3) Look at the space Delap has to run into with his first touch. Konsa is still behind the other Ipswich lad. 

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The chance doesn't happen if Konsa doesn't make a terrible pass and gets himself out of position. Yes, Carlos shares the blame but the loss of shape allows Delap to run into acres of space to begin with. Yes, Carlos should not play Delap on, nor get wrong footed. But Ezri's made it easy for Ipswich to counter who did so in three passes. 

1) Look how advanced up the line Ezri is as the ball breaks. It left us badly exposed and very easy for Ipswich. 

spacer.png

2) Ezri is still chasing shadows and can't get anywhere near the Ipswich player before he passes to Delap

spacer.png

3) Look at the space Delap has to run into with his first touch. Konsa is still behind the other Ipswich lad. 

spacer.png

He's not out of position. He's a fullback in possession. he's exactly where he should be/

It's a poor pass, but someone should be covering (literally the absolute basics, covering an advancing fullback).
And a better CB and nothing comes of it

He's marginally at fault becuase of the pass, but so much else needs to go wrong for that to end up as a goal that people saying Konsa is solely at fault are mad. Imo

it's absolutely basic football positioning that EITHER the right sided CB, or the right sided CM tucks in. Especially at 2-1 up away from home. The goal is on Carlos/Onana.

6 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Players not enjoying their position can affect their performance.

He openly said he doesn't want to play there

Yeah I think starting for England in the summer for one game at CB will alter his thinking now.

Last few years it's all been for the good of the team (and his own career of course) in helping us climb up the league.

He's played his part getting us CL playing out of position for probably a third of those games if not more.

However he isn't being regularly picked for England at CB if Carsley or whoever the next manager is comes to watch us and sees him playing at RB so I do think that will be part of the reason why he dosen't feel as engaged in that position as previous years so far.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

it's absolutely basic football positioning that EITHER the right sided CB, or the right sided CM tucks in. Especially at 2-1 up away from home. The goal is on Carlos/Onana.

How is any of this on Onana? 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â