Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

1 hour ago, colhint said:

I remember a long time ago taking my Latin O level in the ball at school, there were plenty of windows all adorned with glass cases with flowers, the sun must have caught a couple of these vases at the correct angle. It projected two perfect circles on the wall we were facing. One of my mates in a deep voice piped up 

This is the voice of the mysterons. 

It broke the tension. 

And you're all wrong the prettiest of them all was venus in fireball XL5

Always had you down as a Griselda fan

• Haha 1

I assume Diego is o.k as think it was classed as a "small injury" before Leicester so two weeks rest should've fixed that.

Not sure we'll see Kons for Everton but hopefully he's o.k for the Young Boys game.

So you’re telling me Konsa is out, along with Bailey and Cash? And maybe Ollie?

But…it’s only three games into the season. I thought we had all our bad luck last year.

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

So you’re telling me Konsa is out, along with Bailey and Cash? And maybe Ollie?

But…it’s only three games into the season. I thought we had all our bad luck last year.

You expected to have no injuries in a football season? 4/5 players out every month is pretty much standard for any team. 2 players dropping out with ACL in same month, yea that's next level. 

1 hour ago, Alakagom said:

You expected to have no injuries in a football season? 4/5 players out every month is pretty much standard for any team. 2 players dropping out with ACL in same month, yea that's next level. 

No injuries? No.

Three in the first three weeks? Also no.

3 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Isn't bad luck when we have many injuries every season 

Some of our players are injury prone, simple as that.

We don't have "many" injuries. About average, some teams had more, some had less last season.

Also I wouldn't say we have many injury prone players. Perhaps Bailey and Cash are worst in this respect.

Edited by Czarnikjak
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, rjw63 said:

No injuries? No.

Three in the first three weeks? Also no.

You wonder whether it's something to do with Emery's training and whether it needs to change because so many injuries this early on isn't right. 

I think it's more like 5 than 3 (Bailey, Cash, Carlos, Konsa, Philogene). You could even argue Watkins but he hasn't had a proper preseason so we'll excuse that one.

With Kamara and Mings still not ready for the squad we have like 7 players out which is certainly unusual this early on in the season.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

We don't have "many" injuries. About average, some teams had more, some had less last season.

Also I wouldn't say we have many injury prone players. Perhaps Bailey and Cash are worst in this respect.

It's been above average last season and so far this season.

1 hour ago, Czarnikjak said:

We were 5th in number of injuries and 12th in missed games 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/cq55wy2qx21o

We had 39 separate injuries, Man Yoo were top with 45. Fulham bottom with 22. That is above average. We were 5th in three of the four tables published by the BBC. Not the worst but you can't say we had an average number of injuries last season.

• Thanks 1

I don't think games missed through ACL'S can be attributed to Emery's training. 

More a smaller squad with lots of games. Early season injuries are also fairly common I imagine as the body is trying to get back up to pace of proper 1st team football.

47 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

We had 39 separate injuries, Man Yoo were top with 45. Fulham bottom with 22. That is above average. We were 5th in three of the four tables published by the BBC. Not the worst but you can't say we had an average number of injuries last season.

If Konsa is fit, he plays. Same for 9/10 players last season.

We are a season behind Newcastle who ran their players into the ground in 22/23 and paid the consequences last season.

Due to FFP we aren't allowed to sign a decent backup,  so we've tried to increase the squad size wherever possible.  Meanwhile Man City have 2 quality players for each position, except Rodri.

Edited by pas5898

11 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

or is it we don't move the ball, quick enough, and get caught on it?...just asking.

Not in Konsa and JJ's case as it happened on International Duty.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, Leeroy said:

You wonder whether it's something to do with Emery's training and whether it needs to change because so many injuries this early on isn't right. 

I think it's more like 5 than 3 (Bailey, Cash, Carlos, Konsa, Philogene). You could even argue Watkins but he hasn't had a proper preseason so we'll excuse that one.

With Kamara and Mings still not ready for the squad we have like 7 players out which is certainly unusual this early on in the season.

I think Blues have their own forum mate

• Confused 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â