Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

20 minutes ago, switters said:

nah it was clearly an error. Southgate is not going to take off the big moments guy who got the last min equaliser in  last round when we're 1-0 down and need a late equaliser.

Konsa was sacrificed to get additional attacker on the pitch, nothing more.

Nah not for me,  Watch it again, I think he bottled it. Your giving Southgate to much respect,  him and his side kick Holland have a strange logic when it comes to tactics.

Ok, I love Konsa, I know many non Villa fans that love Konsa, I don't think I know anyone that has anything bad to say about him, but he seems to be in that strange purgatory stage where he's not being linked with other clubs (£500m if another club is reading), and he's not quite 'regular' International level.

Genuine Q - why do people think that is? What would have to change in his game to be considered 'elite' as opposed to 'Champions League'...?

Posted (edited)

Nothing. Give us a couple of good seasons with Champion's League football and the media will be kissing up to us just like they do to Spurs and co.

Edited by Monkeypuzzle

1 hour ago, T-Dog said:

Ok, I love Konsa, I know many non Villa fans that love Konsa, I don't think I know anyone that has anything bad to say about him, but he seems to be in that strange purgatory stage where he's not being linked with other clubs (£500m if another club is reading), and he's not quite 'regular' International level.

Genuine Q - why do people think that is? What would have to change in his game to be considered 'elite' as opposed to 'Champions League'...?

He’s a top player, but the things why he’s not classed as elite by the media:

a) He’s not vocal enough, this season is the first where he hasn’t had that commanding leader next to him. It’s been said in the past the he needed that organiser there. He did step up a bit this yr, but could still do more.

b) Aerially he can switch off and isn’t as dominant as others. 

20 minutes ago, Lunarsea said:

So, if he was better aerially, he'd get a better reception?

Yes, the English media love seeing “blood and thunder” if they could show highlights of him heading everything away and be as classy as he is on the deck then he’d get more exposure.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He’s a top player, but the things why he’s not classed as elite by the media:

a) He’s not vocal enough, this season is the first where he hasn’t had that commanding leader next to him. It’s been said in the past the he needed that organiser there. He did step up a bit this yr, but could still do more.

b) Aerially he can switch off and isn’t as dominant as others. 

To be fair these are your opinions and not the media. I respect your opinion but I think it’s more to do with playing for Villa why he isn’t classed as elite. The same media have lauded him today, it’s like they have actually watched him play. 

Edited by WHY
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, T-Dog said:

Don't really see what's 'purgatory' about where he is, he's been on a steady upward path. He's went from L1 to Championship to rotation to key starter for a Premier League club who've gone from lower-midtable to competing for top 4. As a player has improved year by year, just had first experience of playing in Europe, will be Champions League next season, just broken into international squad this year. Reaching peak age for defender. If he keeps the progression, next year he might nail down an England squad place and get more chances.

We don't know if other clubs have enquired and been told to go away or quoted a price to scare them off. He's got long contract with us and the market in terms of teams who'd be willing to pay top £ to buy an English CB from us is small

2 hours ago, T-Dog said:

If he’s happy and settled at Villa and his agent knows that, we’re not really going to see links to other clubs. Plus, he’d be really really really expensive. Even more so now.

3 hours ago, switters said:

London media anti-Midlands bias (don't care about Villa) plus he's a defender (always get less attention) plus he doesn't promote himself constantly like some other players?

The chance in second half, where Embolo gets a header towards goal but Konsa is tight to him making it impossible to get any kind of decent connection. For me that's peak Konsa, he doesn't have to win the ball just make it unplayable 

11 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Yes, the English media love seeing “blood and thunder” if they could show highlights of him heading everything away and be as classy as he is on the deck then he’d get more exposure.

He needs a head wound with a bandage on it with blood seeping out

• Haha 1

Southgate is so inflexible. He picks his XI before the tournament based on a set of stats and then will never deviate irrespective of form or what is actually happening in front of his face. There’s zero intuition. Case in point Grealish in Euro 2020.

Konsa was out star defender in the last game. He should be in that back three for Walker.

Just one of the many reasons Southgate will never get us over the line in the key moment. You can’t just disregard form and chemistry. It’s a glaring hole in his approach and will never change

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rodders129 said:

Southgate is so inflexible. He picks his XI before the tournament based on a set of stats and then will never deviate irrespective of form or what is actually happening in front of his face. There’s zero intuition. Case in point Grealish in Euro 2020.

Konsa was out star defender in the last game. He should be in that back three for Walker.

Just one of the many reasons Southgate will never get us over the line in the key moment. You can’t just disregard form and chemistry. It’s a glaring hole in his approach and will never change

He should definitely be starting in place of Walker. It's too late to bring him on to shore things up when we're losing.

Southgate on a very rare occasion going with the wrong option and it actually being slightly more attacking than the right one.

I think we all knew Ezri would get dropped, at least he can rest up now for the season.

Against the Swiss, Ezri had Embolo totally in his pocket. It was only when Ez went off that Embolo started to get some joy.  

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â