Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The guardian gave him a 6

Walker a 7 and he was "untroubled for much of the game"

No mention of embolo losing him for the goal

Edit - OT but from most of the player ratings I've seen kane is doing well to get more than a 4, he's rightfully getting hammered 

Edit 2 - the guardian also gave Luke Shaw a 7, rated him higher than Konsa, laughable, it's scary that a professional football journalist can see a game that way 

BBC Football's was ridiculous, too. Granted, it's basically global vox populi, so rock star attackers like Jude get extra love. But that will change.

Screenshot 2024-07-06 at 5.55.51 PM.png

36 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

BBC Football's was ridiculous, too. Granted, it's basically global vox populi, so rock star attackers like Jude get extra love. But that will change.

I’m sure that’s a bit skewed by the shootout, Trent was only on for about 5 minutes! 😂

38 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Just shows how short sighted football fans are, those ratings are based on the penalty takers and Pickford save during the penalty shoot out.

Fair enough Saka gets a high rating for the goal, Foden did nothing and rated higher than Konsa.

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Saying he took him off because he plays for villa whereas the other 2 play for city is a bit daft

We all know what Southgates like, he wants experience, Konsa has 5 England caps today was his first ever game in an international tournament, walker and stones have 88 caps and 76 caps and I think this is their 5th tournament and then you do factor he club stuff with knockout football and the CL

You can question the sanity of bringing on Luke Shaw to play LCB but keeping those 2 on does make some sense, it's nothing to do with club bias 

I agree but Southgate rarely tests new players and gives them the opportunity to play for England during friendlies.

It is one of the things about southgate that annoys me tbh, all these friendlies and we play the same old "experienced" players

"How can you get experience if you don't play for England, and if you don't play for England how do you get the experience"

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Great match but cant see him starting again in the semi. Southgate will just go back to Guehi. 

Quite rightly so as well. The concept of someone keeping the shirts after excellent performance is ridiculous.

Quite rightly so as well. The concept of someone keeping the shirts after an excellent performance is ridiculous.

You have to always resort to the default option, regardless of performance of the incoming player

Lace  into the above comments such as ‘he has never let England down’ you pretty much have the mindset of the gaffer

what a pillock

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The guardian gave him a 6

Walker a 7 and he was "untroubled for much of the game"

No mention of embolo losing him for the goal

Edit - OT but from most of the player ratings I've seen kane is doing well to get more than a 4, he's rightfully getting hammered 

Edit 2 - the guardian also gave Luke Shaw a 7, rated him higher than Konsa, laughable, it's scary that a professional football journalist can see a game that way 

Times gave him an 8, joint highest rating with Saka.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Times gave him an 8, joint highest rating with Saka.

Yeah, joint MOTM for me. Saka was our best attacking player, but Ezri was easily our best defender, a colossus. 

Think Konsa did v.well esp in circumstances of being a forced change, possibly could have done better stopping the cross for the goal but he was the least to blame of the 3 defenders involved there.

However, essentially he was on same level as Guehi had been so I think bringing Guehi back in is reasonable - he was only dropped for suspension, he'd been our best performing defender in earlier games. If anything Konsa performance should put pressure on Walker/Stones more, as both have looked shaky at times. But Southgate will go with experience in this stage of tournament so it'll be down to Guehi or Konsa, and Guehi was the choice from start.

What Konsa has done though is properly established himself as a squad pick. Shown he can perform at a KO game in a tournament, shown he can play in different positions, which is valuable for a tournament squad. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Kane has been poor and thats being kind. Any pace he had (which wasn't much) has gone and watch him continually looking for the foul on the turn as he can't run. It was a very good deal for Spurs when sold.

Inafect England are currently playing with ten. Foden has no-one to hit on the break so it goes sideways or back to the keeper rewind and start again.

I really do think it's time to play Watkins in the semi against the Dutch. Gives Foden someone to hit on the break or play into space for Watkins to chase.

I know all about Kane's scoring record and the fact he's already scored in the Euros but it was a goal harder to miss. He's offering absolutely nothing at the moment.

For the benefit of the team Southgate must leave Kane on the bench certainly until well into the second half. Only bringing him on if England are being more progressive with crossing into the box needing a goal!

As I stated before I thought Konsa looked comfortable and nerveless.

Edited by striker

I'm not sure Konsa was chosen to come off,  Bellingham's number was raised and he threw a bit of a Wobbly and the number was changed to 14, Konsa. I think Southgate bottled it.

Just now, tinker said:

I'm not sure Konsa was chosen to come off,  Bellingham's number was raised and he threw a bit of a Wobbly and the number was changed to 14, Konsa. I think Southgate bottled it.

nah it was clearly an error. Southgate is not going to take off the big moments guy who got the last min equaliser in  last round when we're 1-0 down and need a late equaliser.

Konsa was sacrificed to get additional attacker on the pitch, nothing more.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â