Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

Brilliant display. Had a tough task vs Embolo and handled him well. Shame Southgate will bench him for the semi final but he was near enough faultless. I’m not having their goal was a mistake by him at all!!

Great performance, doesn't deserve to be dropped although he will be as Guehi has been pretty decent and is left sided.

We would be better playing with Konsa and Guehi and benching Stones IMO.

• Like 2

I think Konsa is England's best defender but he doesn't have the experience at this level that Stones and Walker does. Hopefully, with CL coming up and more England camps, he will start to gain this!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

embolo almost targeted him, we played 3 at the back yet any time embolo got in a decent position it was Konsa who he was up against and he defended him brilliantly and the one time that it wasn't Konsa defending him....

I think you have that the wrong way around actually - I think England (perhaps surprisingly!) made an astute tactical decision and put Konsa on Embolo as the dangerman. No coincidence Saka was praising his 1:1 defending this week.

Was given the job of man marking Embolo, which is no mean feat. He's a beast. He never got a sniff. The one time Konsa was called on to defend elsewhere, Embolo scored.

Thought he had a tremendous game. 

• Like 1

Saying he took him off because he plays for villa whereas the other 2 play for city is a bit daft

We all know what Southgates like, he wants experience, Konsa has 5 England caps today was his first ever game in an international tournament, walker and stones have 88 caps and 76 caps and I think this is their 5th tournament and then you do factor he club stuff with knockout football and the CL

You can question the sanity of bringing on Luke Shaw to play LCB but keeping those 2 on does make some sense, it's nothing to do with club bias 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Saying he took him off because he plays for villa whereas the other 2 play for city is a bit daft

We all know what Southgates like, he wants experience, Konsa has 5 England caps today was his first ever game in an international tournament, walker and stones have 88 caps and 76 caps and I think this is their 5th tournament and then you do factor he club stuff with knockout football and the CL

You can question the sanity of bringing on Luke Shaw to play LCB but keeping those 2 on does make some sense, it's nothing to do with club bias 

This. Although I do prefer Konsa to Stones generally.

23 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Fotmob gave Konsa a 6.9. Absolutely ridiculous.

Fotmob ratings are purely based on stats and effectively can't properly recognise an elite defensive game. 

Posted (edited)

The guardian gave him a 6

Walker a 7 and he was "untroubled for much of the game"

No mention of embolo losing him for the goal

Edit - OT but from most of the player ratings I've seen kane is doing well to get more than a 4, he's rightfully getting hammered 

Edit 2 - the guardian also gave Luke Shaw a 7, rated him higher than Konsa, laughable, it's scary that a professional football journalist can see a game that way 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â