Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

Konsa ia getting better and better. I still think if we had better options in dm and a good rb konsa and pau is a very solid cb partnership 

Think fatigue and kamara injury is what made our defence not do so well towards the end of season

10 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Maybe getting a start for England if Trippier is injured at, err…left back.

I think he'd do just fine if that's the case, I think the no-excuse culture Emery has put in place only helps with this kind of thing, don't be scared of playing a new position, embrace the challenge

Edited by Teale's 'tache
typo in my typo

On 25/06/2024 at 08:31, alreadyexists said:

This is new to absolutely nobody. He's had articles on The Athletic about being statically the best one v one defender in Europe. It's because of his pace he isn't pressurised to make a rash or rushed challenge because he will run with the opponent to find right moment to win the ball. 

I like Konsa but he's bad enough at right back. He's sometimes mislabelled as a ball playing centre back because of his high pass competition but that's generally because he's usually playing very safe and simple passes. He's a top defender and he's an out and out defender.

Him at left back is bad and he's only going to get battered for it but that's Gareth for you. Hangs people out for fun

Someone's got to play there,we havent taken a fit and recognised left back. 

It's more typical for a right footed centre half to play on the left hand side so maybe he's done this before. 

I'd imagine if so that Gordon plays to provide width and Konsa almost drops into a back three off the ball. It's his chance to shine, you never know how the chances will come and I'd expect him to show what he's capable of. 

Â